Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party & Empire Have Won (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278999)

LALDAAS 06-23-2005 04:53 PM

Re: Party & Empire Have Won

[ QUOTE ]
I'm off to Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there a week, Kind of enjoying it.

Bonus + "unmentionable" = sweet

JackWhite 06-23-2005 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha

why can't people keep their empire bashing to themselves?!?!?

i definitely don't care

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't care, why do you bother to post?

BigF 06-23-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha

i definitely don't care

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

coz he wanted you to know he's a ja*ck*a*ss.

evans075 06-23-2005 05:21 PM

I believe that has changed where a raked hand counts as one full point. I'm not positive about that and I can't check it right now b/c I'm at work, but if I ever get off I'll check and see!

adamstewart 06-23-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its is just a waste of time, as 15x means that you are playing over about 1800 hands and therefore are earning about 5.5 cents a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus at $10/$20 SH, you make nearly double that rate in rakeback.

Adam

Subby 06-23-2005 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do people think playing winning poker is about finding the best site to clear a bonus??? I would play party poker if they never offered another bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bonuses are pretty essential for helping newer a) stay in the black and b) build up their bankroll.

For those of us that have been playing for a bit, playing without a bonus or rakeback to negate the Party rake is borderline retarded.

So no, people aren't playing for bonuses - they are just being good gamblers and playing with whatever reasonable edge they can find...

revots33 06-23-2005 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically this is their way of giving money to their loyal losing players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you play Party anyway, then it's a bonus to you if you're a winning player too, isn't it?

It's interesting, though, because I figured these bonuses were intended to get recreational players to deposit and play (since the hard-core players play anyway). But, at 15x there's not many recreational players who will even bother, because they know they'll never clear the bonus single-tabling for their couple hours a night. Maybe Party figures that enough people will deposit, but not play enough to clear, that they'll come out ahead. In other words, a 100% bonus that only 10% of people clear is better for their bottom line, than a 25% bonus that 50% of people clear.

The 15x doesn't bother me as much as the 7 (now 10) day requirement. Stars bonuses don't expire, so I can just play my usual handful of SNGs a day and eventually I clear a nice bonus. It's not bonus whoring, it's just some extra money on games I'd have played anyway.

Also, Stars gives bonuses on SNG's, Party doesn't - but that's another rant altogether.

Homer 06-23-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha

i definitely don't care

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

coz he wanted you to know he's a ja*ck*a*ss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I think I figured out who neteller123 is!

Synergistic Explosions 06-23-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Stars gives bonuses on SNG's, Party doesn't - but that's another rant altogether.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bodog pays you $2 in bonus for every $1 in fee in a SNG. Considering their bonus is bottomless, a SNG player should love this site.

lawrence 06-23-2005 06:59 PM

what is their sng structure?