Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   I'm completely miffed at this call by another 2+2er (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277012)

adanthar 06-20-2005 09:02 PM

Re: I\'m completely miffed at this call by another 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
I like it too, simply because of the chip stack situation. He can afford to lose 730, and still be dead even with the rest of the field. If he wins, he's in a commanding position to take first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hey, a Gigabet explanation horribly misapplied.

psyduck 06-20-2005 09:04 PM

Despite this stack advantage, 2+2er still managed to lose the heads-up because he was horribly weak-tight.

wookie 06-20-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Sponger [ Xd Xs ]
rolos13 is all-In [1030]
Sponger folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that OP is not the victim... - w

Sponger15SB 06-20-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he wins, he's in a commanding position to take first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when I'm at the table!

holla

Matt R. 06-20-2005 09:07 PM

Why? He's still got tons of folding equity even if he calls and loses. Two steals = 900 chips; more than he's losing if he makes the call and loses. I think it's a good spot to take this risk and play for first.

Edit -- Oh yeah, at a weak table I prefer a fold because bubble play will be so bad. But at a table with good bubble players, I like the call. Therefore, since Sponger's playing, I like the call (see his post below) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

adanthar 06-20-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it too, simply because of the chip stack situation. He can afford to lose 730

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a little nicer, here's a part of why it's a bad call, other than the whole 'exactly 2:1 with 73o' thing:

When he loses, as several people have pointed out, he'll have exactly 2030 chips.

Now, when Sponger properly pushes two cards on the next hand, he will have to ______ his blind?

As I said, Gigabet hand horribly misapplied.

psyduck 06-20-2005 09:11 PM

Yeah anyway, I'll just come out and say, I was the one who made that call.

Obviously, I did it because I had the odds to call, and calling and losing isn't a big loss to my stack, whereas calling and winning would put in a good lead. I didn't make the call immediately (took out calculator and did some math) because I was multitabling.

Anyway, this hand is subtle and nice, because even if it was 1 chip back to me, I should be folding in some cases to keep the bubble alive. However, I knew that the other big stack was a 2+2er as well, and that he would see through my constant pushes. So I thought that having a chip advantage would work to my benefit, which is why I made the call.

Hope that this hand sparks some debate, as it already has [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Matt R. 06-20-2005 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, when Sponger properly pushes two cards on the next hand, he will have to ______ his blind?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Protect" if his hand is pretty good. Fold if not, then steal the next two or three hands to make up for the tiny amount of chips he lost from calling 730.

adanthar 06-20-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Protect" if his hand is pretty good

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, I'll let others elaborate

Luminous Mist 06-20-2005 09:13 PM

There is only one problem I see with your call here....it is simply unprofitable at just about any textured table you are at. I certainly don't understand how calling and losing does nothing to your stack.

Oh well....

Luminous