Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   so i see johnny chan yesterday night at the bellagio walking back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274027)

speirs 06-16-2005 05:57 AM

Re: so i see johnny chan yesterday night at the bellagio walking back

[ QUOTE ]
i want to throw the deck of cards in his face

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that would be fun

henrikrh 06-16-2005 06:41 AM

He should be throwing the cards in your face, you can't possibly realise how annoying constantly being asked to sign autographs must be. Besides, getting autographs seems so incongruous with the nature of poker. Pros are really not much different to amateurs, especially relative to other "sports", where fame is the results of a lifetime dedication, training and steroids.

Also why waste his time if you are gonna throw the card away just for a small thing like this.

Klepton 06-16-2005 06:42 AM

i think id rather have a picture with the guy then have him sign a card, how lame is that?

Reef 06-16-2005 07:18 AM

Probably coulda got $30 or so on Ebay.

jason_t 06-16-2005 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I've never understood the value of autographs. Why do people jizz themselves over them?

TylerD 06-16-2005 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess his comment is rude, but i also think its rude to be asking for his autograph. most people assume that famous people want attention but most sign autographs because if they told you that they didnt want to it makes them look bad. youre probably bothering chan by pestering him with something so silly so you have to understand where hes coming from. its not like he wants to sign your damn card, hes pretty much obligated to.

[/ QUOTE ]

danzasmack 06-16-2005 09:02 AM

also, you assume he is just walking to the poker room to just go play. what if he has to meet someone? What if he is late for something already? If he said to you "no way man, i don't have time for that bs" then you could be mad, but the fact of the matter is jonny chan has tourists every day saying "ill reraise" hoping he'll lay it down and respond "did you have it?"

I'm sure if you caught him at the right time he'd be a nice guy. Next time give him an orange.

einbert 06-16-2005 09:17 AM

Do you think having people ask for your autograph constantly when you are trying to get things done is something he enjoys?

phish 06-16-2005 09:58 AM

Asking for autographs is such a pathetic thing to do. Why didn't you offer to give him a bj while you were at it?

evil_twin 06-16-2005 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're almost retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]