Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Daily Hand Post: a decision with KQs and a flush (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=272984)

molawn2mo 06-14-2005 08:26 PM

Re: Daily Hand Post: a decision with KQs and a flush

this little girl votes for check behind. what hand calls/raises the river that you beat? do want to open yourself up to a river bluff raise?

CallMeIshmael 06-14-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
incorrect, he got the CO to fold, and on the slight chance that no one has an ace, he could win UI

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you expect a 3-way capped pot with an ace on board, for KQ high to be shown down as the winner?

Klepton 06-14-2005 08:29 PM

ok fine, not really a smart comment by me, but there is still value in raising

bakku 06-14-2005 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not raising the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect, he got the CO to fold, and on the slight chance that no one has an ace, he could win UI

plus, value

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope you're kidding

SippinSoma 06-14-2005 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this little girl votes for check behind. what hand calls/raises the river that you beat? do want to open yourself up to a river bluff raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you pick this as a spot to throw in a river bluff raise?

SippinSoma 06-14-2005 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

plus, value

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't 30/60 kid. Go back to swimming with the fishes.

admiralfluff 06-14-2005 08:33 PM

I like the raise not for winning UI, but getting the CO to fold significantly increases his chances of winning if a K or Q drops.

Entity 06-14-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not raising the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

plus, value

[/ QUOTE ]

Not value 3-handed and K-high isn't winning this pot UI.

molawn2mo 06-14-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you pick this as a spot to throw in a river bluff raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah... but op seems to be taking a line in this hand that is consistant with villain being a maniac or at least LAG. after all, LRR can occasionally have AA.

but the primary question is what hand can villain have that calls the river bet and loses to op? anyone?

damaniac 06-14-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the raise not for winning UI, but getting the CO to fold significantly increases his chances of winning if a K or Q drops.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that work exactly?

If we hit a K/Q and no one has the A, we have (effectively) TP/TK. No overcards can beat us, no one can have a pair with a better kicker (unless they already had the A). So this makes like O sense, unless I'm missing something.