Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Prima 5/10 Thoughts on this KJs hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271677)

BluffTHIS! 06-13-2005 03:19 AM

Re: Prima 5/10 Thoughts on this KJs hand?

If you play this extreme of weak-tight on a 6-max table you had better switch to full tables or maybe go back to limit. And on the turn you should have raised more or even pushed.

mgsimpleton 06-13-2005 09:36 AM

this fold is ridiculous, like everyone else has said. no reason to think he can only have the nut flush or straight flush here. no reason at all... you have to call getting the price you're getting. hell he might even push w/ a straight, he does not put you on clubs!

Yeti 06-13-2005 10:42 AM

I like your play very much until the river. I probably bet at least $400 and definitely call the allin.

Jonny 06-13-2005 01:42 PM

I would instantly call.

bobneptune 06-13-2005 02:27 PM

i cannot fold this hand on the river.

the villan's play could easily be with pocket jacks rather than AcXc or 8c6c. he called a bet pre flop from the bb, he checked/called when an over card and a flush draw came on the flop, and then started getting frisky when a jack fell on the turn. that doesn't smell of club flush draw to me.

a good player on a club flush draw would have not been getting the proper odds to call your $260 turn bet.

i'd have to get busted on the river and congratulate him if he had the nut/straight flush. if he is going to call turn bets like that on a draw with bad odds, i'd like to keep him around.

jpg7n16 06-13-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I open for 40 with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And so what other board were you really expecting/wanting to get when you decided to play this hand?? (obviously the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board, but seriously...)

You flop top pair. Turn 2-pair. River the 2nd nut flush (well 3rd if 68s counts).

Seriously... if you're not gonna like a board like the one you got, you should fold KJs every time preflop. Cause this is roughly as good as it gets.

Stormwolf 06-13-2005 05:56 PM

its been a while since I played NL, but I would call quickly. Reason: he is on the BB. Its not like a solid player limped multiway to you be afraid of the nuts

theben 06-13-2005 05:58 PM

i wouldn't be able to fold this

deadmoney98 06-13-2005 07:44 PM

Is this post a joke?

Exactly zero people fold here. EVER.

Rocaix 06-13-2005 07:54 PM

You guys are right in that normally this is an auto call, against the typical 5/10 Party Player. I'd expect to be shown total air, some two pair crap or a baby flush.

But against these very tight-weak-passive prima players, a 100XBB check-raise on the river is extremely likely to be nuts or close to it more often than it's not. The only question on the river was how often is he pushing a lesser flush versus how often he has Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Getting 3 to 1 made this a very close decision mathwise, as he needs to have a better flush here less than 25% here to make this a correct fold.

For the record he showed 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]