Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The kind of calls you need to make at the $215s.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=267701)

Whitey 06-07-2005 12:57 PM

Re: The kind of calls you need to make at the $215s....

I would have made the title "The sort of pushes you have to make at the $215s"

Whitey 06-07-2005 12:58 PM

Ah ignore my post,I thought he called with 22.

Phil Van Sexton 06-07-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also let's talk about how unbelievably unlucky I was to not win this hand. It's completely ridiculous losing JTs to A2o.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is really a bad beat post?

kyro 06-07-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have made the title "The sort of pushes you have to make at the $215s"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very standard push at levels other than the $215s...

kyro 06-07-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also let's talk about how unbelievably unlucky I was to not win this hand. It's completely ridiculous losing JTs to A2o.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is really a bad beat post?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a bad beat that curtains' plan to sit to Nick's right ended up backfiring on him.

WebGuySteve 06-07-2005 01:19 PM

I think what makes this situation the perfect time for the call is that there are a lot of people left at this level (which happens very often in the 215s.) This makes gambling much more necessary. I often find that this is the hardest point of these tournaments for me to play. I find that I make pushes, and get called by hands like A2, or K9, where I expect these types of hands to fold. Though, this could just be the mini bad run speaking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do like the call, and I've played several tournies with TEPop, he is one I try to avoid if possible. I never knew it was NickB though...good to know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Whitey 06-07-2005 01:21 PM

I agree but not everyone realises this.
Also I misread the post and thought the caller had 22.

If this had been the case I disagreed with the title of the post.

curtains 06-07-2005 01:26 PM

lol I honestly don't pay much attention to seat selection. Someone like him I'd prefer just to sit like 5 seats away so we don't have to go to war all the time...it's kind of bothersome dealing with such things when playing 8 games. But okay, most of the time I just sit down where it makes sense for my monitor....like 4 games on one side of table and 4 on the other. It's deep strategy

kyro 06-07-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree but not everyone realises this.
Also I misread the post and thought the caller had 22.

If this had been the case I disagreed with the title of the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been under the assumption that the majority of posters on this board are pushing with a lot worse than JTs in this position.

I'm pretty sure it's a call with 22, in fact, I assume it's a more sure call with 22 rather A2, so I'm not sure where you're going here.

kyro 06-07-2005 01:33 PM

I actually do the same thing. All 4 corners so that my players are in the middle of my screen. I agree that being as far away from a solid player who knows that you're also solid is the best strategy, but against people who don't know who you are, I like to sit to their right.

Interesting story (actually, not that interesting.) I sat down in one of my usual corners and noticed a 2+2er was directly to my right. I left the table and came back sitting directly to HIS right. He types in "Why'd you do that outdrawed? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]" So I was busted.