Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Techno Songs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265085)

asofel 06-03-2005 05:09 PM

Re: Techno Songs

[ QUOTE ]
Those names yiou listed are not techno by any strech of the imagination. More along of the lines of commercial vocal trance. Personally I am not a fan of that type of music at all but you might like Paul Van Dyke, Blank and Jones and older Mauro Picotto stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

they'd still be under the umbrella of "Techno". Its not pop/country/rock/jazz/blues/r&b/rap...granted they're very different from LTJ Bukem, etc, but i dont' think you can say they're NOT techno...

Yads 06-03-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Those names yiou listed are not techno by any strech of the imagination. More along of the lines of commercial vocal trance. Personally I am not a fan of that type of music at all but you might like Paul Van Dyke, Blank and Jones and older Mauro Picotto stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

they'd still be under the umbrella of "Techno". Its not pop/country/rock/jazz/blues/r&b/rap...granted they're very different from LTJ Bukem, etc, but i dont' think you can say they're NOT techno...

[/ QUOTE ]

No they wouldn't, they'd be under the genre of electronic music of which techno is one. Sorry can't help you I hate the artists/djs you listed.

mason55 06-03-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Techno is a type of Electronic Music just as Punk is a type of Rock. All punk is rock but not all rock is punk. All Techno is electronic music but not all electronic music is techno.

Crveballin 06-04-2005 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone name some good and new vocal techno songs. Its hard to find anything good here in the states. Some of which I like:

Ian Van Dahl
Lasgo
Dj Tiesto
ATB
Milk Inc.
4 Strings
Orion Too

Please name specific songs. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

You, my friend have a sickness.

Fortunately, there is help

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, looking at it now. Also DigitallyImported is good as well. Have been listening to their live vocal trance feed.

Chicanist 06-04-2005 12:09 AM

take a look at Ferry Corsten, older Armin van Buuren ... might like George Acosta as well. Also, Paul Oakenfold sets from 1998-1999 had this type of vocal trance.

Crveballin 06-04-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
take a look at Ferry Corsten, older Armin van Buuren ... might like George Acosta as well. Also, Paul Oakenfold sets from 1998-1999 had this type of vocal trance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like AVB and George Acosta. I saw Paul Oakenfold live in DC as well as ATB. Do you have any specific songs of these guys?

Chicanist 06-04-2005 01:07 AM

some of the anthems from back then off the top of my head...

Jan Johnston - "Flesh"
Rank 1 - "Airwave"
Tiesto - "Southern Sun"
BT - "Mercury and Solace"
Nalin & Kane - "Beachball"
Gouryella - "Goryella"
Delyrium - "Silence"
BT - "Dreaming"

also more recently Andain - "Beautiful Things", Motorcycle - "As The Rush Comes" (you probably have heard these, they got played by every single trance dj last year)

miajag81 06-04-2005 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are few things more gay than techno music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crveballin 06-04-2005 01:41 AM

I had all but
[ QUOTE ]

Jan Johnston - "Flesh"
BT - "Mercury and Solace"
Nalin & Kane - "Beachball"
Andain - "Beautiful Things",
Motorcycle - "As The Rush Comes"

[/ QUOTE ]

You could say I like the cheese trance. I downloaded Andain, Motorcycle, and Mercury and Solace. Like em all.

Check out:
Dj HhH & Tinman - Forever and a Day
Narcotic Thrust - When the Day Breaks

Trump 06-04-2005 01:46 AM

I don't really listen to techno, but I really like the Mortal Kombat theme song.