Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   need more smart-ass comments to say to posers with sunglasses (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=252482)

Durs522 05-15-2005 04:19 AM

Re: need more smart-ass comments to say to posers with sunglasses

A guy playing 1/2 NL at Foxwoods on Thursday kept looking at his cards for 5 minutes, finally I asked him if he could see his cards through the glasses and that he could take them off if he needed to because I already made the bet. He didn't like it too much, called, and lost.

Klepton 05-15-2005 05:35 AM

punch them in the face

bdk3clash 05-15-2005 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A guy playing 1/2 NL at Foxwoods on Thursday kept looking at his cards for 5 minutes, finally I asked him if he could see his cards through the glasses and that he could take them off if he needed to because I already made the bet. He didn't like it too much, called, and lost.

[/ QUOTE ]
This whole thread sucks but on a moderately serious note if someone is taking a really long time I just look at the dealer and say "time" and the dealer will tell them they have X long to act. Cardrooms have actual limits for this kind of stuff, dealers work on tips, and winning players want to be dealt as many hands as possible. I could not care less at this point if someone is wearing sunglasses at the table, but I go out of my way to keep a game moving.

lighterjobs 05-15-2005 05:53 AM

i've seen a guy mock another guy for wearing sunglasses and he actually said the reason he wears them is it's bright at the table.

mostsmooth 05-15-2005 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
well i guess that proves everything, because ive never seen a person without sunglasses on not realize somebody had bet already or call a bet and lose.

Packerfan1 05-15-2005 12:06 PM

"Only two kinds of people wear sunglasses indoors, blind people and assholes."

Tacjedi 05-15-2005 02:47 PM

“I hope that you wore sunscreen as well, pal”

PITTM 05-15-2005 03:49 PM

yeah, the people who mock the sunglasses are usually the ones who make the token "im a poker player, of course i lie" joke 2 minutes later. i wore sunglasses when i first started playing because i was uncomfortable with people looking at me so much. as long as they dont slow down the game i couldnt care much less what they wear.

rj

IgorSmiles 05-15-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
“I hope that you wore sunscreen as well, pal”

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be kinda cool if one of those sunglasses guys wore that funny looking white stuff on their nose while they played.

PokerBob 05-15-2005 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any suggestions will be considered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just laugh. I try not to, but I can't help it. I just crack up.