Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   K8s MP overlimp (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=251220)

1800GAMBLER 05-13-2005 12:28 PM

Re: K8s MP overlimp

loose passive players in first position could def have an 8 which will be unlikely to call two cold.

shrug, the math is long and boring.

rigoletto 05-13-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO will rarely ever fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about it from CO's perspective!

rigoletto 05-13-2005 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't like the flop bet, if the pfr raises you it is awful. It kills your odds on your draws and your K might be no good

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a flopraise from CO gives me more reason to believe my K is good than not!

esspo 05-13-2005 02:39 PM

You guys must really have an edge post flop.

hogger 05-13-2005 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you are right he should fold but they almost never do is the problem!

esspo 05-13-2005 02:52 PM

You are probably right, but it also makes it twice as expensive for you to draw to your ten outs to ... something.

As for your original post, if a turn bet really does have the right folding equity against CO and UTG+2 then go ahead and fire, but I think its very unlikely that UTG+2 is folding any pair.

More to the point, the only way over calling with K8 sooted in that spot is correct, is if the others players are predictable/passive enough for you be able to 1) pick up pots like these and 2) recognize when you can pick up pots like these.

esspo 05-13-2005 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you are right he should fold but they almost never do is the problem!

[/ QUOTE ]

... plus UTG+2 isn't going anywhere if s/he has a pair.

esspo 05-13-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, how would CO play 88-TT... POP!

rigoletto 05-13-2005 04:33 PM

I think it's important to realize that the decision how to play the turn has to be made on the flop in this hand. If you decide to check you give up on most of your fold equity. A reason to bet the flop is the fold equity, but then you have to follow up on the turn.

I know that nobody folds a pair on this turn, but there is absolutely no indication that anybody has a pair and to play from that assumption is just to defensive. Particularly when the 2 limpers has a history of calling the flop and folding the turn. If I get raised on flop or turn it costs me 1-2sb's more than calling to the river and I can easily find that in the times I take the pot down uncontested.

It should also be noted that I have added fold equity from running good. People tend to play a little weaker against you, when you are running good and that should be exploited.

esspo 05-13-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Particularly when the 2 limpers has a history of calling the flop and folding the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather important bit of information.