Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KK 15/30 at Stars (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250744)

NMcNasty 05-12-2005 04:59 PM

Re: KK 15/30 at Stars

Its real close, but I suppose I would lean towards calling or possibly capping. Middle position could be raising with just about anything. Small blind has at least a pair or a good draw.

RandomUser 05-12-2005 05:56 PM

I'd cap and see what comes on the turn.

Anyone with 2 hearts or a 6 will be raising/reraising that flop.

esspo 05-12-2005 06:38 PM

Definately weak tight, especially on-line, but its not as bad as some are suggesting. Lots of cards can come to kill your hand, but you sill have two more streets to fold.

JasonP530 05-12-2005 06:48 PM

You dont need to put them both on a worse hand than yours. It may not logically make sense what they both have. That being said, I think it is close. There are a lot of redraws against you if you are ahead. I think you should call the flop(to also see if the flop raiser caps), but to see what the action is on the turn. On a blank, I would consider a turn raise.

rigoletto 05-12-2005 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definately weak tight, especially on-line, but its not as bad as some are suggesting. Lots of cards can come to kill your hand, but you sill have two more streets to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to be able to fold on more than one street, you'd have to be playing with your self, which is either unethical - or plain filthy [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

LarsVegas 05-12-2005 07:39 PM

RESULTS

Thanks for all the replies... I had folded the best hand!

Turn came a scary 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Check bet-raise-call. River K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Midpos-player showed up 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - and small blind took home the pot with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

dcarlc 05-12-2005 08:32 PM

Re: Similar Hand

Do you fight on with this or am I to weak tight?

PP 10/20 I am SB K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG limp, fold, EMP calls, fold, fold, cutoff raise, button folds, I 3bet, BB folds, everybody calls.

Flop:8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, Utg calls, EMP raise, Cutoff 3 bets, I fold.

Player info:

UTG 35/9/1.2 SDWON 41%
EMP 45/8/1.1 SDWON 45%
Cutoff 16/12/2.4 SDWON 52%

dcarlc 05-12-2005 09:31 PM

KK small Blind

I posted this along with someone else's similar post earlier and it got burried. Looking for some thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you fight on with this or am I to weak tight?

PP 10/20 I am SB K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG limp, fold, EMP calls, fold, fold, cutoff raise, button folds, I 3bet, BB folds, everybody calls.

Flop:8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, Utg calls, EMP raise, Cutoff 3 bets, I fold.

Player info:

UTG 35/9/1.2 SDWON 41%
EMP 45/8/1.1 SDWON 45%
Cutoff 16/12/2.4 SDWON 52%

[/ QUOTE ]

imashyboi 05-13-2005 12:12 AM

Here's when it gets tricky. Either one of them could have a flush draw, or a straight, CO could have lots of possible hands here. Either he already made his set or he's playing it real strong with TT/JJ/QQ/AA. Depending on your read on his previous plays, I guess folding isn't bad since the turn and river could cost you a ton and you have to call 2-cold indicating someone has a real had here against your KK. I'll probably check this and see what develops, the board has too many draws. If the turn card is blank or helps my K high flush, I'm betting out and calling to a raise and folding on the river. His turn raise has to incidcate a set or AA with a flush. If he's real aggressive and will play TT the same way then calling would be an option. Any thoughts?

CardSharpCook 05-13-2005 12:43 AM

I've noticed that people go absolutely crazy with relatively weak holdings on a two-flush board. It seems like everyone thinks that everyone else is semi-bluffing so you get QJ and AJ raising and 3-betting here. Sure, it is possible that one of them actually has the draw, or that the CO (who raises EVERY TIME HE ENTERS A POT) has AA, but it doesn't happen often enough to make this a fold. This hand, like Lars' hand is a cap or call.

CSC