Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   25/50 vs. good players (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250423)

drexah 05-12-2005 09:12 AM

Re: 25/50 vs. good players

[ QUOTE ]
calling the checkraise/push with QJ or KJ would be really bad agaisnt any sane 25/50 NLTH player.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet in this case it wouldnt, but it depends on stack sizes. (i'd be more inclined to call with the Qs however)

theBruiser500 05-12-2005 02:13 PM

cwl i agree with what you said. first player had AJ, second player had T7 they both called

BobboFitos 05-12-2005 02:25 PM

of course the most important question: did you hit the flush?

=)

Matt Flynn 05-12-2005 03:01 PM

surprised DaWiz called with AJ with a caller behind and your push, even if he was short stacked. have you bluffed him hard often?

i would've folded 54s preflop for 5% of the lesser stack out of position. also would've folded on the flop, though as it worked out you were liking your chances a lot.

matt

theBruiser500 05-12-2005 03:18 PM

yah i was surprised dawiz called with AJ there, i don't do anything crazy vs. him either, he always wants to see a showdown vs. me for some reason. as to folding the flop i was getting 3:1 which practically gives me pot odds to call, then with implied odds and a possible higher flush draw seems to balance out and be pretty close...?

Matt Flynn 05-12-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yah i was surprised dawiz called with AJ there, i don't do anything crazy vs. him either, he always wants to see a showdown vs. me for some reason. as to folding the flop i was getting 3:1 which practically gives me pot odds to call, then with implied odds and a possible higher flush draw seems to balance out and be pretty close...?

[/ QUOTE ]

if one knew there was no higher flush draw yes. otherwise seems pretty thin to me with a reasonable second caller.

matt

betgo 05-12-2005 04:26 PM

Did you consider folding?

cero_z 05-12-2005 05:01 PM

Hi Danny,

I really don't like this push unless you think there's a good chance that both of them will call. They can see the big drawing possibilities, and can therefore put you on a big draw; with 1800 behind and a bloated pot, they're calling with lots of just pretty good hands (like the AJ that actually called). But, I'm not suggesting you fold; 3 to 1 is pretty good on the flop. I think this is a spot to try the call/push all in on any turn card (possibly excepting a J). It obviously wouldn't have worked this time against the 2nd nuts, but it's harder to call with, say, 2 pair on the turn. A Ten would be the ideal card in my mind to try this with. Or, if you don't like it, you can check-fold on the turn if you miss.

betgo 05-12-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like this push unless you think there's a good chance that both of them will call.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this kind or board and action, you could be up against a made straight, a set, two pair, a higher flush draw plus a straight draw or plus a pair, etc. It's almost 2-1 against making the flush, and it might not be good anyway. What's wrong with a fold?

betgo 05-12-2005 07:10 PM

I think I will include this in my revised version of "Guide to NLHE Tournament Play" under the category "if you don't know what else to do, push."