Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I think there's something fundamentally wrong with how I played this. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=250019)

PokerGoblin 05-11-2005 02:04 PM

Re: I think there\'s something fundamentally wrong with how I played th

I know that's how it looks. Like I said, I tried using deception to induce action from my opponents. Had it worked out like it was drawn up, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

PG

gumpzilla 05-11-2005 02:05 PM

Re: thoughts and results

[ QUOTE ]
OK I guess I should have elaborated that my read and personal feeling about the button was that he is a poor player and would overplay his hands. I also felt his postflop skills were poor. I had seen him reraise from late position, and won a decent pot when his 6-7 offsuit flopped 2 pair... point being I had him in the crosshairs the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraising from late position with 76o isn't inherently bad in itself.

[ QUOTE ]
The weak flop bet was to induce a bluff, which worked. I think he would have folded had I reraised all in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you felt that was the best way to extract chips from this particular villain - that he would blast weak looking bets - then it's probably a fine play. This can't be criticized without criticizing your read, which is difficult to do. Reraising all-in on the flop would be far worse than the line you took; with an overly aggressive player, you want to give him enough rope to hang himself.

[ QUOTE ]
Going with my initial read, I risked giving him a free card when the ace fell, cause I thought there was a decent chance he'd have an ace and would bet, or would bluff if he didn't. Obviously that worked out well for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I commented before, this is the part of this hand that I liked best.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I posted this is, although it worked out for me in getting maximum value, I didn't feel too good about how I played the hand and I just wanted some opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

You used your read and a little luck to stack him, so it looks like your read was pretty good. I still dislike the PF minraise for the reasons I mentioned before, but it sounds like given your impressions of the player you're up against that you played postflop fine.

PokerGoblin 05-11-2005 02:15 PM

Re: thoughts and results

Thank you for your imput.

PG

Lurshy 05-11-2005 02:21 PM

Re: I think there\'s something fundamentally wrong with how I played th

[ QUOTE ]
how often do you guys go for the limp reraise pflop with KK vs AA in early position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rarely. I usually bet my hands. I also bet when I don't have hands. When making a standard raise, I so often will get action anyway. Occasionally if things are ultra tight, or there is a particular LAG behind me, I may limp, looking to reraise.

The problem of course is getting 5 limpers behind you, and having 7 limpers to a flop. The you have to post a I screwed up this AA PF HH and get bashed on the boards for being a nit.

I would rather Bet 2.5-5 BB (depending on level), and take it down, or get called by one or two and outplay them, or play back when reraised by KK/AK [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]