Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I'm a bit loose (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=248655)

goodguy_1 05-09-2005 01:29 PM

Re: I\'m a bit loose

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
uugh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Danenania 05-09-2005 01:34 PM

Pf is pretty standard imo. I don't mind the flop call since I think you'll get to see a free river quite often when he has overs, but check/calling the turn seems bad.
Based on his AF I would expect him to check behind overcards and bet AA-99, so why check/call the turn? You just allow him a free card when behind and a chance to bet when he has you drawing to 2 outs. I would either bet/fold or check/fold the turn, depending on a more specific read. I lean towards check/fold, betting a non-A river if he checks behind.

kurosh 05-09-2005 01:39 PM

On turn:

You CR
:He has overpair and call/calls or call/raises and you fold.
-3BB
:He has overpair and 3-bets. You fold.
-2BB
:He has overs, calls turn and folds river.
+2BB
:He has overs, calls turn and calls river with A-high. Not very likely.
+3BB

My line:
:He has an overpair and either calls or raises and I fold.
-2BB
:He calls with A-high. This will happen a lot.
+2BB
:He folds his A-high.
+1BB

Weight some of those percentages and I think you'll find my line slightly better.

Noodles 05-09-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF, I'm getting 5:1 with a small chance of being raised

[/ QUOTE ]

is that enough with 47s??

kurosh 05-09-2005 01:44 PM

I'll play nearly any two suited in this position.

kurosh 05-09-2005 01:45 PM

Hmm, yeah. I think betting the turn might be better but it really sucks getting bluff raised by some idiot with overs. I need to ponder this some more.

billyjex 05-09-2005 01:53 PM

i don't mind PF at all. but the flop call just sucks. well, it doesn't really suck if we don't put him on a pair but I just can't see it being profitable in the long run.

from turn on I like how you played it. I think you'll get the most of out A high this way.

kurosh 05-09-2005 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't mind PF at all. but the flop call just sucks. well, it doesn't really suck if we don't put him on a pair but I just can't see it being profitable in the long run.

from turn on I like how you played it. I think you'll get the most of out A high this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
After some calculations, he needs to have an overpair less than about 37% of the time for this to be EV neutral. I think I have that?

[/ QUOTE ]

wheelz 05-09-2005 01:56 PM

This is probably the issue I ponder the most when playing these days: OOP on the turn, whether to risk giving free cards or getting bluff raised. It's tough.

Danenania 05-09-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, yeah. I think betting the turn might be better but it really sucks getting bluff raised by some idiot with overs. I need to ponder this some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't seem like he is the type of idiot to bluff raise you based on his numbers. In fact the reason I think checking planning to fold to a turn bet and bet a non-A river if he checks behind might be the best play is because I think this guy often won't raise you even with AA if you bet the turn. It would take some number crunching to really settle it.