Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A real answer from Empire (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=247688)

MicroBob 05-07-2005 07:40 PM

Re: He\'s not the only one with that email

This one from scotch78 appears to be legit to me.

He did a good job articulating our general concerns at the vagueness of their responses (I'm more concerned with their vagueness and lack of professionalism then I am their actually closing the accounts).

It seems Cathy was more forthright here and I certainly would have appreciated it if they had done that earlier.
Better late than never I suppose.

As vern pointed out earlier and I repeated...it could have made sense for their business to simply warn these players that they are being looked at as only 'taking advantage' of the free stuff and that empire is concerned whether they are, in fact, 'real customers'.

This would have possibly encouraged some of the players to play there more which is what empire wanted in the first place.
but it's their right to close the accounts if they want to (as long as they are giving the money back of coruse).

I do not believe it is their right to tell a bunch of people that their accounts are being closed without SOME sort of justification. And it is even worse to ONLY state that the justification is 'wrongful and suspicious activities'.

So if Empire starts using this as their form-response then I see that as a step in the right direction.

If they stopped using form-responses and actually answered the questions the first time through that would be an even more significant step in the right direction.

Allinlife 05-07-2005 07:59 PM

Re: He\'s not the only one with that email

would empire confiscate my money for being a bonus whore?

Greg J 05-07-2005 08:04 PM

Re: A real answer from Empire

I caught that too:

[ QUOTE ]
co-ordinated with our support team at vip@empriepoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

jokerthief 05-07-2005 08:21 PM

Where's Timer and his 98% confident ass now.

Soul Daddy 05-07-2005 08:23 PM

I whore the micros during bonus periods, but only play SNGs and MTTs otherwise. This should exempt me from their wrath, no?

MicroBob 05-07-2005 09:20 PM

honestly....who knows??

but realistically, you are generating MGR there via the rake you pay on the tourneys.

Playing on their site AT ALL during non-bonus periods seems to be dividing-line here.

surfdoc 05-07-2005 09:41 PM

SILLY QUESTION

I haven't been able to read through all these threads, but did Empire every actually say that playing only during bonuses is against their T&C? Sorry if this has already been answered.

Timer 05-07-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where's Timer and his 98% confident ass now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 99%, and I'm still here. I stand behind what I said.

To reiterate: Empire Poker does not need to close accounts to get rid of bonus whores. They can simply exclude them from participating.

Don't believe everything you read.

jokerthief 05-07-2005 10:11 PM

You are an idiot.

Timer 05-07-2005 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting response. Seeing as how I answered your query, and you chose to repsond by revealing your worthless intellect, I have no choice but to kill-file you.

I would however like to thank you for alerting me to the fact that you have nothing of value to contribute except for mindless criticisms, so therefore I can save a great deal of time by not even knowing you exist.

Have a great day!