Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Did I play this draw correctly? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240709)

damaniac 04-27-2005 12:24 PM

Re: Did I play this draw correctly?

Good point. UTG's move looks pretty strong. Also, though, he might raise us on the turn, which faces the field with 2 cold and probably kills any value we could get from it.

cflynn 04-27-2005 12:47 PM

Thanks for the comments. I agree the PF call was marginal -- been making a point to try and play a few marginal hands. This one is easy to dump if the flop misses. No math on whether this is + or - EV, but was pretty sure that BB and MP1 were coming along.

Looks like I should have check called the turn.

cflynn 04-27-2005 12:55 PM

For the results-oriented among us...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $3. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG (poster) calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Results
<font color="white">
Hero [ Ts, 5s ] a flush, ten high.
UTG [ 2d, Kh ] a pair of twos.
MP2 <font color="white"> </font> doesn't show [ 8c, 5h ] two pairs, eights and fives.
CO doesn't show [ Qs, Qc ] a pair of queens. <font color="white"> </font> <font color="white"> </font> <font color="white"> </font> <font color="white"> </font> <font color="white"> </font> <font color="white"> </font>

smizmiatch 04-27-2005 01:55 PM

You could make a strong argument for betting out the turn. I ran this hand through pokerstove, and it showed that your pot equity was somewhere around 40 percent vs. five opponents.
I'm not sure if that's accurate (b/c the five opponents are viewed to have random hands in pokerstove), but if you're anywhere remotely close to that, you're going to make money by betting.
Thoughts?

chief444 04-27-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if that's accurate (b/c the five opponents are viewed to have random hands in pokerstove), but if you're anywhere remotely close to that, you're going to make money by betting.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you're anywhere remotely close to randome hands here.

Fat Nicky 04-27-2005 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could make a strong argument for betting out the turn. I ran this hand through pokerstove, and it showed that your pot equity was somewhere around 40 percent vs. five opponents.
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assign random hands to your oppoenents is a terrible way of figuring out your pot equity.