Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   BYE BYE POKERNOW (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236958)

JAque 04-21-2005 07:54 PM

Re: BYE BYE POKERNOW

All affiliates were let go.

JAque

JAque 04-21-2005 07:55 PM

BonusWhore to the end [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

JAque

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 07:57 PM

and what's the word on what will happen to people who had rake agreements with PN -- or more importantly, those who were PN affiliates to begin with.

i am told they will be invited to become party affiliate unless they or a sub were ever under investigation. even in that case, they may still be switched over to the party affil. program, but just may have to talk to their affiliate manager if there were any lingering questions.

i'll bet a billion that there are very few PN affiliates that were not already party affiliates, so this should affect very few people.

for those in good standing at both places, i am told they will be getting all the players that they signed up at PN if those players don't have dble accts. in short, if you were a good boy, you don't lose a step except for the duplicate accounts that you will lose, and those will be up to the player as to which acct (affiliate) they want to continue with.

Stu Pidasso 04-21-2005 08:01 PM

I wonder if Party Bonus codes will now work at Pokernow

with pokernow being a fully fledged part of party poker it might just work.

Stu

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that's a bit oversimplified. however, word is that the affiliates are the cause of this. (go pimps!)

fwiw, after seeing the 60 minutes thing last night, a friend who does only CPA decided to switch to MGR. i think he is onto something. we both market offline, so this would not work in this community. however, i think the days of getting players that have never heard of rakeback are going to be here again.

what i mean is that if you have a good offline program, this is a great time to be an affiliate and probably a great time to never give a dime in rakeback. keep it all.
woooo

hogua 04-21-2005 08:03 PM

It looks like PokerNow is still letting people open accounts, so maybe if you hurry you might be able to make it in time.

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

what were you told about players with accts. at both?

also, i was told that affiliate in good standing at both PN and Party would be allowed to retain PN players if the affiliate already worked for party.

do you hear different JAque? you are hearing all affiliates let go, which would include acct association? that's a big damn difference from what i had heard so i guess we just need to wait for official word.

JAque 04-21-2005 08:20 PM

They didn't say anything about the players. I based my statement on the quote below. I probably did not have anyone without a Party account so it could be different for those affiliates. I can't imagine there were that many Pokernow affiliates without players on both sites. I could be wrong.

JAque

This is to inform all affiliates that the current contract between PokerNow and Party Poker is being terminated effective immediately. Due to this change PokerNow will become a fully fledged part of Party Poker and all current Pokernow Affiliate Agreements will be terminated

GrannyMae 04-21-2005 08:25 PM

I can't imagine there were that many Pokernow affiliates without players on both sites

agreed, but

Pokernow Affiliate Agreements will be terminated

this surely suggests all are done.

maybe the affiliate managers are going to look at the players case by case if the affiliate can show they signed up the PN player in good faith.

this is some ugly stuff. hope it works out where nobody gets the shaft.

chesterp 04-21-2005 08:42 PM

i haven't gotten around to pokernow yet, and haven't done epass or igm at the others yet either. would that be overzealous to sign up for all three tonight at pokernow?
the site is still up for accepting new accounts and giving new bonuses.