Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Oh No...how to play with river flush draw (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=235996)

JayD 04-20-2005 04:54 AM

Re: Oh No...how to play with river flush draw

I've made this mistake a few times. I improve on the river or turn, but I act before I realize that the card completes several draws. Slow down.

cmwck 04-20-2005 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does anybody else hate this turn raise as much as me, vs. the non-maniac?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not as much as you...

[/ QUOTE ]

What good thing can you say about the turn raise? Are we value raising with the best hand? Are we protecting our hand from draws?

Yako 04-20-2005 06:38 AM

Well, the nice thing we can say about the turn and river raises is that they can be used as tax write-offs due to charity donations. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jaxUp 04-20-2005 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the nice thing we can say about the turn and river raises is that they can be used as tax write-offs due to charity donations. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned...

aK13 04-20-2005 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

_bustedflush_ 04-20-2005 07:29 AM

Forget the turn raise, I'm wondering about even calling the turn. We hold second pair, OK kicker. We're up against a villain who's a lock to hang onto and call down with Ax. Two pair for us means a straight to anyone holding a King and maybe a flush. I think we're behind most of the time with 2 outs for the queens. How 'bout a fold?

jaxUp 04-20-2005 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we're behind most of the time with 2 outs for the queens. How 'bout a fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

What wbout the K's? We can't fold it here.

tiltaholic 04-20-2005 09:30 AM

first: i would raise preflop.
second: i think i dislike the flop raise - but i could be biased by the subsequent action. i have mediocre to strong negative feelings about calling 2 more on the flop when it comes back to you capped.
third: i hate the turn raise
fourth: i hate the river raise even more.

jba 04-20-2005 09:52 AM

I really doubt I'd raise the turn here.

I would probably fold the river, rather than raise. Especially after UTG wakes up for the first time all hand and already has a caller, there is a 3-flush and four to broadway, you have a weak 2 pair. I would have certainly folded to the 3-bet.

If four people see the river and you have four to broadway with only the king missing, you're a dead dude.

UTG either has a flush or a king, and you most likely have the third best hand here.

There is a three flush

xenthebrain 04-20-2005 11:44 AM

Why the hell do you raise the river with a flushdraw completing and a 4straight on board?