Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bonds vs. Woods (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=233169)

PokerFink 04-15-2005 03:05 PM

Re: Bonds vs. Woods

[ QUOTE ]
"what sport do you like better, baseball or golf?"

[/ QUOTE ]

To an extent, but I'm a big baseball fan and I don't like golf very much (playing or watching) but I still voted Tiger.

EDIT
[ QUOTE ]
Time has treated other "unliked" superstars well (Cobb, Williams, Maris, etc.). I think the same will be said for Bonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY good point. And Bonds is arguably better than all of them, Bonds vs Williams is a good argument.

InchoateHand 04-15-2005 03:09 PM

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to come up with better things than either of these to bore my grandchildren with. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

istewart 04-15-2005 03:10 PM

Don't post the [censored] Jessica Biel picture again, lol.

HDPM 04-15-2005 03:14 PM

Woods and its not close.

tdarko 04-15-2005 03:14 PM

i didn't vote b/c i need another option, one that allows me to choose "i will talk about both."

no doubt tiger is the michael jordan of his sport...but so is bonds. i know that this will piss people off and thats fine. yes even if he says today, "i have used steroids for the last 4 years so eat me." he would still be the most dominant player in the game and he has changed the way the game is played when he is in there. only ruth has done this.

another argument is that no matter the steroid use you cannot change what he has done, he still had to do it. there are plenty of players i could name that used steroids his entire career and i doubt you would even know who they are.

i respect tiger more obviously but as a fan of sports and accomplishments i will have to talk about both. i might mention about how hot tiger's wife is too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mcb 04-15-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm talking about Tiger...right after I finish with Jordan and Montana.

[/ QUOTE ]

InchoateHand 04-15-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't post the [censored] Jessica Biel picture again, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you brought up the discussion of "Wood". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sponger15SB 04-15-2005 03:18 PM

I anticipate still hating Barry Bonds with a passion in 40 years, but its gotta be tiger.

I'll start out by showing him his chip on the 16th

scotty34 04-15-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I anticipate still hating Barry Bonds with a passion in 40 years, but its gotta be tiger.

I'll start out by showing him his chip on the 16th

[/ QUOTE ]

Before that chip, I never thought it was possible to jump up, cheer, and yell while watching golf.

tdarko 04-15-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before that chip, I never thought it was possible to jump up, cheer, and yell while watching golf.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup, first time i went nuts watching golf.