Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   sex offenders (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=232621)

bholdr 04-14-2005 09:12 PM

Re: sex offenders

for the people that are calling BS on this:

The chances that your child will be a victim of a sexual predator is 1 in 3

I have seen this stat many times. it is true, but not totally honest. "be a victim of a sexual predator" does not mean that little jonny gets abducted and butt-raped. it could be anything from a mere flashing or an innapropriate advance over the internet to a fondling at neverland ranch by a pasty space alien freak, etc.

istewart 04-14-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"be a victim of a sexual predator" does not mean that little jonny gets abducted and butt-raped.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

stabn 04-14-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have seen this stat many times.

[/ QUOTE ]
This does not make it accurate.

elroyous 04-15-2005 06:27 AM

Where are these statistics from ron? I have a hard time believing you got as good of chance of nailing that flush as getting molested.
If these statistics are accurate, we need to implement a new policy in the US:
All child molesters are excecuted following conviction, no more of this run free while we try to try to monitor you with our severely undermanned forces bullshit.

my $.02

jakethebake 04-15-2005 06:29 AM

Yeah, they are a decent band.

Catch of the Day 04-15-2005 06:43 AM

Megan's Law

Wonder if any 2+2'ers are on here...

Catch-

jakethebake 04-15-2005 06:56 AM

They are from Kansas, but they rock, kind of.

Purchase their album from Recess Records .

groo 04-15-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The latest National Survey confirms there are over 374,270 registered sex offenders in the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know 5 of them. They were drunk and walked to the apartment comlpex down the block for a 3am skinny dip. being drunk they decided to walk home naked. A cop happens upon them and sights them for indecent exposure. They now have to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives.

Registering "real" sex offenders is a good thing, but it's hard to take seriously when abused in this fashion.

zephed56 04-16-2005 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The chances that your child will be a victim of a sexual predator is 1 in 3

[/ QUOTE ]

this cannot be right.

[/ QUOTE ]
Family members, maybe?

lu_hawk 04-16-2005 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The latest National Survey confirms there are over 374,270 registered sex offenders in the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know 5 of them. They were drunk and walked to the apartment comlpex down the block for a 3am skinny dip. being drunk they decided to walk home naked. A cop happens upon them and sights them for indecent exposure. They now have to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives.

Registering "real" sex offenders is a good thing, but it's hard to take seriously when abused in this fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

if that's true it's awful. if i was given a choice of say one year in prison, or no jail but register as a sex offender for the rest of my life i think i would take the prison.