Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Turbo MTT would you push these types of hands late? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231638)

parade 04-13-2005 05:04 PM

Re: Turbo MTT would you push these types of hands late?

You're an idiot, just push.

Seriously, even with a normal tournament, with a stack so short and blinds so high, i would have pushed with both hands.

DVC Calif 04-13-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He can't coast when he has 5BB (hand 1) or 2BB (hand 2) in a turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? He doesn't specifially say how many players are left. If they anywhere near bubble, I'm stalling/folding everyhand, especially if I'm going to have the button next.

Isn't that standard satellite strategy? In fact, there was a recent post by MLG discussing his student folding KK preflop during a qualifier tourney. Confused with KK Albeit, his player already had a big stack, but the notion that it doesn't matter if your in 1st place or 39th place should be clear.

If there were still 50+ to go until bubble, that would change my answer though. Then you are desperate and looking to get lucky to stay alive. I'm just not sure where in the tourny he is.

Steve

captainzodiac 04-13-2005 05:47 PM

i would have really liked the situation in the first hand,to go all in,utg+1 had the bb about to hit him,and was probably pushing a hand that had no ace,reasonably good chance you were favorite here,probably only slightly,and at that point you still had some fold equity on the players yet to act. it looks like you would only be risking 1300,to make 3100+ whatever the antes were,with the utg's stack ,and sb and bb,so it really looks like a good situation in a turbo. i see you say you'd have doubled,but i doubt the bb calls if you push,he was just taking the cheap calling option,but you had a great chance to add 50% to your stack,or a little more.
in the second hand,it would be an easy fold,i know the situation is pretty similar,but you have a few less options without an ace,and not suited,he could easily be playing any ace here,with makes you a reasonable underdog,think id rather wait for my button and co opportunity here,might even push both times with any 2 cards if it was folded to me,hoping to get folds or get lucky.
p.s.-i'm new on here,about a month,and have had great responses,absolutely love the forum!!!!!!

Pulplife 04-13-2005 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He can't coast when he has 5BB (hand 1) or 2BB (hand 2) in a turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? He doesn't specifially say how many players are left. If they anywhere near bubble, I'm stalling/folding everyhand, especially if I'm going to have the button next.

Isn't that standard satellite strategy? In fact, there was a recent post by MLG discussing his student folding KK preflop during a qualifier tourney. Confused with KK Albeit, his player already had a big stack, but the notion that it doesn't matter if your in 1st place or 39th place should be clear.

If there were still 50+ to go until bubble, that would change my answer though. Then you are desperate and looking to get lucky to stay alive. I'm just not sure where in the tourny he is.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe in the OP he states that there's about 50 runners, and top 39 win a seat. It also seemed that he was closer to the bottom of the pack.

I could be wrong here, but it seems that others will be trying to coast that are in much better shape then 5BB. He has to get in a position in which he is better than at least 11 players to coast (especially with the turbo format).

The MLG post was a totally different situation. There was no question whether or not his student could coast. It was a question of, if you know you can coast, do you play this hand.

Pkr4me 04-13-2005 08:14 PM

There were 15 people left

Pkr4me 04-13-2005 08:20 PM

the BB had QQ and I think definitely calls with my stack in comparison to his, but that was hindsight.

I thought about it for a long time and then folded. I thought I should have pushed, but was very conflicted about it.

the hands that were played were 99, QQ

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 16.3200 % [ 00.16 00.00 ] { 9d9c }
Hand 2: 55.4597 % [ 00.55 00.00 ] { QdQc }
Hand 3: 28.2203 % [ 00.28 00.00 ] { As8s }

That is from poker stove just to give an idea of the equities if I had gone in knowing their hands of course.

It is very interesting what people will push with late. Any suited A is probably a good gamble if you have a smallish stack.

Pulplife 04-13-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WSOP first 39 get $33 seat in qualifier I am about 50.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There were 15 people left

[/ QUOTE ]

I reponded based on 1st quote. I am confused with the second one. If there were 15 people left and the top 39 get seats??????

Jurollo 04-13-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any suited A is probably a good gamble if you have a smallish stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say this is horribly untrue, if you are shortstacked late in a satellite you want to get in with the best of if, pushing with any A suited as the ORIGINAL RAISER is A-ok, but calling all-in with A8s-A2s is a horrid move IMO, because chances are you are dominated, give me JT-J9s or QJ-Q9s, or even T9-T8, 98s, 87s and I will be much more happy to get my stack in thinking I have 2 live cards, whereas with the A you are likely drawing to only an A (against pairs) or only your 3 outs with your kicker (against a bigger A)
~Justin

yecul 04-13-2005 11:21 PM

It's one thing to push with hands like those. It's another to call with them...

CardSharpCook 04-13-2005 11:51 PM

raise/call the first. The blinds are about to take you out. This the best hand you will see before the BB cripples you. You are likely ahead of the UTG player who is in the same situation as you.

FOld the 2nd. You have a reasonable (though very small) stack. You can even let the blinds pass you another time (though I hope it doesn't get to that).

CSC