Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   My take on AA preflop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=224930)

Roman 04-03-2005 12:42 AM

Re: My take on AA preflop

Happy belated april fools!!!

I hope....

M.B.E. 04-03-2005 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're considerably better than 1 in 3 in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
OP figured chances were 2 in 3, not 1 in 3. (Said there was a 1 in 3 chance of being eliminated.)

JohnG 04-03-2005 09:58 AM

Interesting 1st post. I usually fold the AA when just 1 opponent goes allin preflop. Maybe I'm playing too tight.

bmxreed36 04-03-2005 10:44 AM

After reading this post yesterday, I believe I've already elevated by game a few notches. Just won a $100 dollar B&M tourney. Had to fold aces before the flop a couple times--too much action. I patiently waited for the right hand and meanwhile everybody folded whenever I was in the big blind, so my chip stack stayed even. Then came the my biggest decision of the tournament:
I was in the big blind with KsKh and there was a limper! so I checked.
Flop came KcKdQd.
I checked and the limper went all-in. Well I had been watching this guy and had a good read on him that he had JdTd for an open ended straight flush draw. Sure didn't want to lose with 4 kings so I folded of course. Anyways, made it down to heads-up when the big blind was bigger than my stack and I was all-in automatically. My opponent won the hand but while celebrating tossed his cards and hit the board cards, disqualifying his hand. He became furious and left and I was declared the winner! Thanks Anona!

PokerNeal 04-03-2005 03:45 PM

Excellent post!

You are quite correct. However, it takes extraordinary discipline to fold pocket rockets pre-flop in the face of heavy action. I don't have that discipline yet.

I have sent an email to my favorite player, Daniel Negraneu, asking him whether he would ever consider going all-in preflop. I will post the answer when if and when I get a reply.

bobby rooney 04-03-2005 04:16 PM

The only times you would fold AA preflop occur in satellite tournaments and possibly at a final table when two people are already allin ahead of you and the payout structure is steep. There may be more situations than I mentioned above, but the point is that they are EXTREME situations and almost never happen. Pretty much the only time I would even think about it is in a satellite when my seat is pretty much locked up.

captainzodiac 04-03-2005 10:51 PM

lol,folding pocket aces,i had a streak this week of not getting pocket aces in 5 str8 tourneys,fat chance the situation would come up that i'd fold them,in a full table with 8 others all in, in front of me,and i have aa,guess what,i make it 9 all in!!! once in a while i wish i could find a way to fold kk,but that still doesn't seem to be possible.

KenProspero 04-03-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a guy actually wrote this on that forum : If there is one player all-in, its generally common courtesy to stay out of the way of the first caller. If he is willing to risk his chip stack to knock out a player, you should be willing to fold AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar to saying that it's discourteous to 'check-raise' because it's a sneaky deceptive play?? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Spladle Master 04-03-2005 11:33 PM

My take on you

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck at poker and probably life as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Have i miscalculated??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and it isn't close.

d1sterbd 04-03-2005 11:54 PM

This is a call in almost all MTT situations. You are close to about 67% favorite against two other pairs and a 69% favorite over a pair and AKs. You can't pass up opportunities to accumulate chips in tournaments. Call and hope for the best.

-d1sterbd