Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Favorite Team Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=221934)

mmbt0ne 03-29-2005 01:39 AM

Re: The Favorite Team Thread

This is unfair to those of us who didn't grow up in just one place I think. For instance, being born in Maine, I've rooted for the Red Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins for a while, and I was stoked when the Sox won, but you won't ever see me grandstanding like I can compete with sublime or daryn or JT, etc. Likewise, I've been over the UK connection enough that if no one should be pointing fingers at me if I brag on them. I'm going all ATL for this, but understand that I don't like it. Not one bit.

NFL: Falcons
MLB: Braves
NBA: sigh...Hawks
NHL: Thrashers
college football: Georgia Tech
college bball: Georgia Tech
college hockey: Maine (Holla homestate! You have one team)
English soccer: Chelsea
International soccer: United States

beckham9 03-29-2005 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
soccer: Sevilla Futbol Club
NFL: San Francisco 49ers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers
College everything: Oregon
National team soccer: Spain
NHL: DNE

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the oregon pride, national team soccer i take England (got dual citizenship), NFL i got Tampa bay...dunno why....MLB i got Athletics. They are GREAT. Premership i got Man U...relatives from manchester...

favorite sport: soccer, squash

Boris 03-29-2005 01:54 AM

MLB: A's. This is really the only sports team of which I consider myself a hardcore fan. All the others you could accuse me of being bandwagon and I couldn't argue too much.

NBA: Kings

NFL: Broncos

CFB: Cal Bears (alum)

CBB: Cal Bears (alum)

There are no other sports worth watching.

Eurotrash 03-29-2005 01:57 AM

MLB: A's
NBA: Sixers
NHL: Flyers
NFL: Eagles
Golf: Mickelson
Soccer: don't follow

wAzZu24 03-29-2005 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can honestly care less even if someone claims to be a fan of a team, if they have no real allegiance.

If you are choosing any of these teams over your home team, then I honestly don't view you as a true fan. I dont dislike you, I dont think you cant like team x, but you are not a real fan.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia. I have liked the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers my whole life. And thats it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't think this through very well. I want to call you a complete moron but i won't. I was born in Idaho which has no pro teams, does this mean i can't be a fan? Sure the tv stations consider the Jazz, the Rockies and the Avalance, and the Seahawks our "local" teams, but i am not fans of all those teams. My dad lived in Baltimore most of his life and attended many Orioles games, so when i grew up we watched the O's and i became a true fan. I am, however, a fan of temas in some sports where I know im not a true fan, such as the Steelers. I never really had an NFL team, i just liked the steelers when i was young and i still like them.

NFL: Steelers (psuedo fan) - I'll labe them just to make blank happy.
MLB: Orioles (true fan)
NBA: no team i really follow
NHL: Avalanche (true fan)
college football: Michigan (care more about mich than my own college, so true fan?)
college bball: Mich
college hockey: Mich
English soccer: Man U.
International soccer: USA (watch every game, no matter if its at 4 am, def true fan)

Clarkmeister 03-29-2005 02:03 AM

Illini
Cardinals
Bulls

Uston 03-29-2005 02:23 AM

UConn
Red Sox
Patriots

2004 was so cool.

Also awaiting the return of...

http://www.nflnut.com/store/media/whalersl.jpg

Edge34 03-29-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NCAAH: Colorado College

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Colorado College.

GO ST. CLOUD STATE HUSKIES!!!

(yes, even if we DID suck ass this year)

Huskiez 03-29-2005 02:28 AM

MLB: Yankees
NBA: Knicks
NFL: Jets
NCAAB: UConn, Duke

ThaSaltCracka 03-29-2005 02:28 AM

MLB: (AL) M's and Yankees (slight edge to the M's, fu ck you all). (NL) Giants
NBA: Sonics
NFL: I guess the Seahawks
NHL: None
NCAAF: Notre Dame
NCAAB: None

This list is hard for me only in baseball. I simply like to many teams, but those three I listed I like the most, with the M's and the Yankees in a wide margin over the Giants.