Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I feel bad for Barry Bonds (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=218110)

nolanfan34 03-22-2005 07:20 PM

Re: I feel bad for Barry Bonds

[ QUOTE ]
I have always believe that Barry was mostly misunderstood and got a bad rap from the media.

Barry is going a good job of make me think otherwise as of late, and that is sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the media, since I know how pushy the media can be, but he's just sounding like a jerk now.

The Yugoslavian 03-22-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bonds is always trying to elicit sympathy by bringing his kids into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I have to disagree with you here. Bonds' primary concern during interviews is not eliciting sympathy (and never has been) perhaps until this last one (in which I also don't think he really was trying to elicit sympathy).

[ QUOTE ]

This just pisses me off more than anything. He got to the be one of the greatest players ever by cheating, then whines about it when he gets caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

He got caught? When?

[ QUOTE ]

Give me a [censored]' break. He knew the possible consequences of his actions when he started taking steroids, now he's trying to make the rest of us feel bad about the decisions he conciously made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe he knew the consequences but it's more likely he never expected the steriod thing to go this far. He's not really trying to make 'us' feel guilty in any broad sense (perhaps the 'media' although I'm sure he'd be happier being left alone than making anyone in the media feel guilty). He just hates the media, is very frustrated right now and has an ego bigger than Kobe Bryant.

FWIW I think Bonds is scared by the way the hearings are going, frustrated with his neverending rehabilitation and can barely fathom the ever increasing media attention he gets.

Yugoslav

Ray Zee 03-22-2005 08:11 PM

why would baseball allow anyone that used steroids or is taking them to ever play in the leagues again. they should be stripped of all records and forgotten. this makes baseball a sham the way they are trying to poo-poo it and have self regulation.

The Yugoslavian 03-22-2005 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would baseball allow anyone that used steroids or is taking them to ever play in the leagues again. they should be stripped of all records and forgotten. this makes baseball a sham the way they are trying to poo-poo it and have self regulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

B/c there aren't enough 'fans' like you, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Seriously though, the MLB will try to do whatever they think will maximize profit (generally short term). Keeping players like Bonds in the league is quite possibly in their best interest entertainment-wise....but who knows what it will do to the longevity of the league.

Yugoslav

Myrtle 03-22-2005 08:33 PM

Ray,

I'm in total agreement with the sentiment of your post, but.........

....to answer your rhetorical question, "Deep Throat" said it best....

......"Follow the Money"

He did.....the owners did....other players did.....MLB did.

....very, very sad.

JinX11 03-22-2005 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't wan't my kids to cry anymore."

stop cheating on their mother

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublime wins. nh

Jack of Arcades 03-22-2005 10:02 PM

I dunno, why doesn't the NFL do this either?

Jack of Arcades 03-22-2005 10:04 PM

The fact of the matter is that Bonds was one of the top ten position players of all time pre 1999, or, at least, on the track to becoming it.

ThaSaltCracka 03-22-2005 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is absolutely untrue.

[/ QUOTE ] no its not. 3 MVPs before his alleged steroid use(should have been 4).

rusellmj 03-22-2005 10:18 PM

The governing body of MLB is a joke. They gave numerous chances to addicts back in the 80's. Roger Maris had an asterisk next to his record just for doing it in a season with more games for Pete's sake. He never got the credit he deserved. I'm not a baseball fan by any means but, as an outside observer, I have no idea why they are letting these juice heads steal their game's soul. Shameful.

Russ