Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   check-raising tommy angelo is back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=218097)

bobbyi 03-22-2005 08:45 PM

Re: check-raising tommy angelo is back

[ QUOTE ]
You lied to you wife AND stiffed your bookie? That's just plain wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
His wife is his bookie.

Gabe 03-22-2005 09:16 PM

yeah, i thought you were my friend, but that hasn't stopped you.

pacecar 03-23-2005 01:13 AM

just making sure there's some truth in advertising on this forum

the PAGs i know dont three-bet pre-flop with QJs

but call what you want

James282 03-23-2005 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"it is bad manners to post about another poster's hand w/o permission."

i disagree. hands played in public are public domain. polite has nothing to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
-James

andyfox 03-23-2005 01:40 AM

Well, you're wrong here, mike. It's simple common courtesy. Supposing a 2+2er flirted with a waitress and I jokingly said something about it here, using the poster's name. Now his wife or girlfriend reads it. It's not right.

You don't know who knows what I (or other posters) do or when I do it or who knows about it. To use a poster's name without his permission is wrong.

Boris 03-23-2005 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just making sure there's some truth in advertising on this forum

the PAGs i know dont three-bet pre-flop with QJs

but call what you want

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you're talking about.

lostinthought 03-23-2005 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you're wrong here, mike. It's simple common courtesy. Supposing a 2+2er flirted with a waitress and I jokingly said something about it here, using the poster's name. Now his wife or girlfriend reads it. It's not right.

You don't know who knows what I (or other posters) do or when I do it or who knows about it. To use a poster's name without his permission is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this all avoided by having a handle rather than using your real name?

Hmm.. and those that wish to have anonymity should exercise it in public forums?

mike l. 03-23-2005 07:19 AM

"Well, you're wrong here, mike. It's simple common courtesy."

well i disagree. it seems fine to me. what if i see some guy online and watch him play a hand (and for the sake of simplicity his handle here and his online name are the same) and now i decide the hand was interesting so i post it and divulge who played it because he's a popular writer on here. that's poor manners?

"Supposing a 2+2er flirted with a waitress and I jokingly said something about it here, using the poster's name."

oh get real that's obviously way way different than what we're talking about here. why not just go way overboard and say "supposing i see michael davis and gabe murder a couple hookers in the back alley behind the commerce and then i go post it on 2+2, man talk about rude".

besides no one's dumb enough to use their real first and last name on here as their handle.

sublime 03-23-2005 09:14 AM

Do you think a guy who lied to his wife and stiffed his bookie should have his location and bankroll revealed on the internet by a stranger?

your married?

sublime 03-23-2005 09:16 AM

beat me to it jo. i am contemplating moving to socal, can i count on you for a guided tour of some of the finer resteraunts?