Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Very tough set decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=217013)

DeeJ 03-21-2005 11:36 AM

Re: Very tough set decision

call and hope for a flush card to give you a boat....

partygirluk 03-21-2005 11:44 AM

Re: Results

If UTG+1 rightly raises this flop you might win this hand.

Super Pro 03-21-2005 11:49 AM

i would call down and raise if the board pairs. you're almost always up against A2 or 76 here.

ErrantNight 03-21-2005 04:49 PM

don't get caught up in thinking like that. there are times when this thinking will lose you lots of chips you shouldn't lose.

bernie 03-21-2005 05:30 PM

Actually, it's a rather easy turn situation if you stop and think for a moment.

You call. Anyone saying to cap this given the information is in a dreamworld as to what your opponents are holding.

BB just woke up and check 3-bet the turn. That's usually a big hand. At least a set. Not bottom set either. This rarely happens with 2 pair or worse. Especially when UTG also just 'woke up and raised' on the turn. This makes BB hand likely even stronger. You have the 2nd smallest set out there. You also don't have the # of players to jam this pot.

Call and see the showdown cheaply.

b

bernie 03-21-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are either still way ahead, or are drawing at a decent number of outs to fill up. I think if you capped every street possible with a set in every hand you ever play from now on, regardless of action, it would be +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant. So basic handreading you can just throw out the window I guess.

b

bernie 03-21-2005 05:34 PM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
It's an easy cap, even if your worried your behind, because a cap closes the turn action, so there's no risk of another raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This is a perfect reason to cap. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

b

pokerkai 03-21-2005 05:47 PM

coldcall...capping i think is too much here as I dont see you being ahead enough given the bet sequence.

meep_42 03-21-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You call. Anyone saying to cap this given the information is in a dreamworld as to what your opponents are holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to be the weak-tight one.

I saw this and immediately thought that one of them had A2. So, i'd call as well. (My aggression is a bit lower than a lot of people's, though)

-d

bernie 03-21-2005 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't want to be the weak-tight one.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing weak-tight about calling. Weak tight is folding. Anyone who thinks this is weak-tight has way too much ego in their game and isn't really thinking about the situation. They're just blindly throwing chips in seeing only their own holding.

[ QUOTE ]
(My aggression is a bit lower than a lot of people's, though)

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people are overaggressive.

b