Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Help me lose weight. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=212842)

Dead 03-14-2005 05:15 AM

Re: Help me lose weight.

[ QUOTE ]
10 pounds in 2 weeks? Are you joking?

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's not. I've dropped 10 pounds in 2 weeks before, and I weighed a lot less than 224 when I started. 10 pounds in 2 weeks can be done with exercise every day and sticking to say 1200 calories a day.

partygirluk 03-14-2005 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's not. I've dropped 10 pounds in 2 weeks before, and I weighed a lot less than 224 when I started. 10 pounds in 2 weeks can be done with exercise every day and sticking to say 1200 calories a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you do it?

SuitedSixes 03-14-2005 05:17 AM

I like money, but if you do the Atkins diet you'll lose 12-20 pounds in the first two weeks.

Dead 03-14-2005 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I actually did it over the course of about two months.. When I started the diet in the first week of May, I weighed 185. When I finished at the end of June, I weighed 146. So that's forty pounds in about 7 and a half weeks.

I ate about 650-700 calories a day and exercised for about half an hour a day. I actually ate the same thing EVERY single day as well, for simplicity's sake.

FYI I'm 5'9".

InchoateHand 03-14-2005 05:18 AM

Thats why you walk. And light jogging. Just steady movement for thirty minutes. Shuffle a little faster, get out of breath, resume walking, catch breath, shuffle again. Start with that, thirty minutes a day, 5 days a week. Next week do the same walk/shuffle/jog for forty minutes. Increase the time before you increase the intensity, and you'll catch up with yourself. After about a month, you should be able to shuffle/jog for at least the first thirty minutes. First couple days you do it, take some NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug---ie, Advil, Naproxene, etc.) prophylactically.

pshreck 03-14-2005 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am seriously unfit, have not exercised properly for ages. Running 4 times a week would be really bad for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Start off with ridiculously low milage runs. You dont need to be embarrased because no one knows how short you run, and you also dont seem like the type who would care.

Literally start off with 1/4 mile runs. Try to get to 1/2 mile within a few runs, then a mile.

I did a system similar to this, starting with 1 mile (awfully low compared to what I had to do in highschool). At about 6 weeks time, I was doing 4 mile runs, 3 or 4 days a week. 16 miles of running per week for someone who is a overweight = shedding pounds like crazy.

I really think you should try this.

partygirluk 03-14-2005 05:20 AM

650-700 calories a day sounds very unhealthy.

Alexthegreat 03-14-2005 05:21 AM

Are you a girl??

If you are that many pounds, it will be super easy to lose it....If you are a guy and are like, 6'0, it's harder t lose the weight...

But if you are a girl.......you can probably lose 40-50 in 10 weeks with excercise and good eating

Dead 03-14-2005 05:21 AM

It's really not. My dad is a doc and he said it was fine.

People who say that the starvation diet is unhealthy really don't know what they're talking about. Unless you have serious medical problems then it's really not a bad diet.

It's not fun but it works.

felson 03-14-2005 05:21 AM

I'm only doing this because I care about your health. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]