Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Disprove the Bible (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=212200)

tdarko 03-12-2005 11:52 PM

Re: Disprove the Bible

jessica tandy...oh wait she is extinct [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

mason55 03-12-2005 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has anyone seen a dinosaur? all we have are fossils, and those are part of "heaven and earth"

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a dinosaur. Komoto (sp?) dragon. Alligator. Anyone else care to chime in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Komodo Dragons

They share a common past with dinosaurs but are not direct descendants.

So, assuming dinosaurs DID exist, komodo dragons are not dinosaurs, nor even direct descendents.

pshreck 03-12-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we found that water was present on mars at one time, and that there was life at one time, would this disprove our bible?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would not disprove the bible more than any number of things do now, like heavy scientific evidence showing the life of the earth being atleast a few billion years, and probably around 15 billion.

Most Christians don't read the bible as completely literal, and consequently nothing is really proven wrong.

tbach24 03-13-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
life of the earth being atleast a few billion years, and probably around 15 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earth = 4.6 billion years, no?
Life = 3.5 billion years, no?

I think those are the numbers, please correct me if I'm wrong. Old testament = 5.8k years old, earth = MUCH older

Also, like you said (and I said in my original response), religious books are not to be taken literally, but to be taken as a fable-type thing.

jason_t 03-13-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
heavy scientific evidence showing the life of the earth being atleast a few billion years, and probably around 15 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's older than some estimates on the age of the Universe!

pshreck 03-13-2005 12:13 AM

Yeah, but as I have learned, there are tons of Christians who actually believe the earth is 6k years old. I am sure there are a few on this board.

Arguments for this usually involve the great flood, which was mentioned in the bible, which they say greatly skewed fossils and other things we use to reason how old the earth is (riiiiiiiight). They also believe man lived at the same time as dinosaurs, and of course the infamous 'there is no such thing as evolution'.

tbach24 03-13-2005 12:17 AM

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAH

I guess santa and the easter bunny exsist as well

<font color="white"> sorry to anyone this might affend (sp?) </font>

jstnrgrs 03-13-2005 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"On the first day God created Heaven/Earth...and then on the last day God rested."

Seven days of creation, no dinosaurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you skipped is important. Particularlly

Genesis 1:24
And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures acording to their kinds; livestock; creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so.

I think this leaves plenty of room for dinosaurs.

jstnrgrs 03-13-2005 12:20 AM

The Bible says nothing about the age of the earth.

pshreck 03-13-2005 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAH

I guess santa and the easter bunny exsist as well

<font color="white"> sorry to anyone this might affend (sp?) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Want to be frustrated? Get into a theological argument with one of these guys. Once the 'all forms of life lived at the exact same time despite all scientific evidence' argument comes up, it usually gets nasty.