Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Negreanu and Jesus (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=209642)

FishBurger 03-08-2005 10:50 PM

Re: Negreanu and Jesus

If Ferguson is Jesus, then is Sklansky Ferguson's dad?

maryfield48 03-08-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Most atheists happen to be greedy though, although there are a few exceptions (barry greenstein like you mentioned) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most everything happen to be greedy.

Joseph Busti 03-08-2005 10:59 PM

So you talked to Chris Ferguson. Congrats.

DesertCat 03-08-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Most christians happen to be idiots though, although there are a few exceptions:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post for ya.

BigRedAce 03-08-2005 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Most christians happen to be idiots though, although there are a few exceptions:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I guess it would be super-blasphemous to refer to a beat suffered by Fergusen as a Crucifiction?

(If he rebuys, is it Resurrection?)

whiskeytown 03-09-2005 12:31 AM

first off, I highly doubt that Chris Ferguson gave himself that name.

Second, the only ones it will offend are Christians - the Jewish people don't believe he was the Messiah, and they're the ones who are ultra picky about names, leaving out vowels thinking it's disrespectful to say God's full name (hence G-D or YHWH) -

Third, given the context of biblical teaching, it's not taking the Lord's name in vain - there are many people (esp. of spanish descent) named Jesus - and as a nickname, well, shoot, I don't think he named himself that - he doesn't have that on his FTP avatar - and in any case, I've never heard him refer to himself as Jesus so who gives a rat's ass. And if he did, who cares. My faith is not dependant on what he believes or calls himself. I'd be more disturbed if he called himself Satan or Lucifer or Beelezbub.

If however, he refers to himself as the messiah and the light of the world, I'm closing down my Full Tilt account [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB

Rushmore 03-09-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you talked to Chris Ferguson. Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read a little slower, your comprehension and retention might be a little better.

Clearly, it was Negreanu who spoke to Ferguson.

Now I want you apologize for your snide remark to the OP. Go ahead.

MonkeeMan 03-09-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't gambling a sin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Commandment #11: Thou shall not gamble.

And if you were wondering, bingo has a special dispensation.

Hold'me 03-09-2005 02:22 PM

It is kind of hypocritical of Daniel to question Chris Ferguson's morality when his main source of income is gambling and frankly that's also frowned upon in Christianity. Daniel does claim he no longer judges other people like before, but I guess he has a bias view of his own sanctity.

Sponger15SB 03-09-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is no contemporary evidence to prove Jesus' existence.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Even people who don't believe in god should know a person named Jesus lived around 0-34(ish) BC

Pretty stupid not to even acknowledge that he existed.