Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Heads Up SNGs hourly earning better than full? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=208471)

AA suited 03-08-2005 01:07 PM

Re: Heads Up SNGs hourly earning better than full?

can't use the same SnG strat heads up?

stay tight early. push/fold when blinds are big?

meow_meow 04-04-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can't use the same SnG strat heads up?

stay tight early. push/fold when blinds are big?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, no, no and no.

If you play properly at the 20 and 50 level, the blinds should rarely get past the second level.
Unremitting aggression all the way (and knowing when you are beat) is the way to go.

Bluff Daddy 04-04-2005 04:36 PM

never played a HU sng, how long do they usually last?

Peter Chabot 04-04-2005 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I imagine that the edge you could get at the 20-50 level could be pretty significant becuase many low level players are very bad heads up players.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is that the above statement isn't really true. unless they play way too tight, there's not much they could do wrong that would allow you to win more than 60% of the time. if you win 60% of them, you'd have an ROI a little under 15% or so.

dankhank 04-05-2005 02:04 AM

heads up games on stars can be very profitable for the good player. but like people said you can't really multitable them easily, because you really have to study your opponent. someone could play $200-$1000 hu games as their main source of poker income and make a nice living, but it would be a different thing than mindlessly clicking limit ring games for a few hours. they would just have to play their A game a few times a day - say you play 12 200+100 matches and win 7 (58%, easily doable): that is 1k profit a day, playing for about four hours (1-2 at a time, avg 20 minutes per match).

but instead of barely thinking about almost every hand (as in most poker games) you have to be actually thinking about almost every hand. which is a hassle. it's pretty rare that i have the energy to play these instead of ring, sng, or mtt's.

they are however worth playing and getting experience at because a) there's a nice edge for the better player and b) it's good experience to play lots of hands headsup since headsup play is key in all types of holdem games. you also learn a lot about trapping opponents.

pokerstars has the best structure/selection at all levels of hu games.

networkman 04-05-2005 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
say you play 12 200+100 matches and win 7 (58%, easily doable): that is 1k profit a day, playing for about four hours (1-2 at a time, avg 20 minutes per match).

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?

I assume the buyin is 200+10...
Buyins - 12 x 210 = 2520
winnings - 7 x 400 = 2800
profit (b1tch [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) = 280

Komodo 04-05-2005 06:30 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Try four tabling and get back to us.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get this argument.
Heads up is mostly playing and reading your opponent.Pretty far from ABC poker
Multitabling in heads-up is suicide
/Komodo

Daliman 04-05-2005 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll be surprised how small your edge is.

You won't win 70% of games, and you might not win 60%.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

A good player may win 55%, a GREAT player wins 60%. Course, at lower levels, 60 may not be real tuff.

Either way, 10 man SNG's may be the most profitable poker in existence with such small swings comparative to other poker games.

meow_meow 04-05-2005 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I imagine that the edge you could get at the 20-50 level could be pretty significant becuase many low level players are very bad heads up players.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is that the above statement isn't really true. unless they play way too tight, there's not much they could do wrong that would allow you to win more than 60% of the time. if you win 60% of them, you'd have an ROI a little under 15% or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the 20 level, I think 75% is very doable, giving you a profit of $9 per.
No, you can't 4 table, but stars is so damn slow that 2-tabling isn't much of a problem. Conservatively, at 15 minutes per tourney, that's 8 per hour.

I think $72/Hr is a decent wage.
And for the variance freaks - waaaaaay lower than full table SNGs....

DCJ311 04-05-2005 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'll be surprised how small your edge is.

You won't win 70% of games, and you might not win 60%.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

A good player may win 55%, a GREAT player wins 60%. Course, at lower levels, 60 may not be real tuff.

Either way, 10 man SNG's may be the most profitable poker in existence with such small swings comparative to other poker games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be shocked if I couldn't attain a 60% win rate or better in $50 and under heads up matches. The players at those levels are incredibly bad, and it is not hard to find a lot of opportunities to get big chips in with over 2 to 1 edges.

Never the less, I prefer ring games and tournaments because I get a much better hourly ROI. In terms of swings though, HU matches are about as low variance as it gets.