Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Banned at Poo Mountain (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=197136)

Caruso329 02-16-2005 06:31 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

This sounds like a sad attempt at a joke.

Oski 02-16-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

What's your screen name on UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown Thumb

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with this guy many times. He also goes by Nick76 on Party and ThumbinMouth (as well as BrownThumb)on Absolute.

How do I know this? He always types in that he's smoking "P.O.T." and that he loves "P.O.T."

He caps the betting almost every hand preflop, then he bets the rest of the way most of the time. He eventually loses, but the whole table goes apesh!t over him and they start berating him.

He should be banned from most places because of his language, but here, it seems that he was banned even when his chat was already blocked.

Somebody here has to know the rest of the story.

usmfan 02-16-2005 06:36 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

Are you Dutch Boyd? Is this really about PokerStars?

Oski 02-16-2005 06:37 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like a sad attempt at a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he's joking. I've seen this clown in action and its just like he describes.

vegasforest 02-16-2005 06:38 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

OK, let me get this straight. You are a bad player. You play at a few established sites. You were banned from a new site, which is recently begining to pick up in volume, for being a bad player.

If bad players get booted from Poker Mountain for playing bad (while smoking lots of pot), why should I want to play there when I can play against the same bad players at UB and Absolute?

Ok, that's settles it. I'm not going to sign up at Poker Mountain. I'm not going to take advantage of their $500 sign up bonus. Instead, I'm going to go to UB and look for you. Why not? Afterall, Poker Mountain doesn't allow bad players on their site.

Wow, this sounds a bit like a smear campaign against Poker Mountain. So do you work for UB or Absolute... or both?

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:41 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
OK, let me get this straight. You are a bad player. You play at a few established sites. You were banned from a new site, which is recently begining to pick up in volume, for being a bad player.

If bad players get booted from Poker Mountain for playing bad (while smoking lots of pot), why should I want to play there when I can play against the same bad players at UB and Absolute?

Ok, that's settles it. I'm not going to sign up at Poker Mountain. I'm not going to take advantage of their $500 sign up bonus. Instead, I'm going to go to UB and look for you. Why not? Afterall, Poker Mountain doesn't allow bad players on their site.

Wow, this sounds a bit like a smear campaign against Poker Mountain. So do you work for UB or Absolute... or both?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that is dumb. I still want to play at Poo Mountain. I have nothing against it at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Kumubou 02-16-2005 06:42 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

If they really banned you because you kept going all-in on every hand, that is a flat-out scrub thing to do. If someone else doesn't like it, they can move to another table (or go play pot limit or fixed limit). It's like people complaining about getting check-raised -- it's a perfectly viable strategy.

I can see why they would do that though -- as much as it is poor play on the other player's part, it's in the site's best interest to not have them get pissed off. Between having five people leave and one person leave, it's GGPO you.

However, I doubt we are getting the entire story here. If nothing else, who are you on Party Poker again? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-K

revots33 02-16-2005 06:43 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Nick,

As much as we appreciate your interest in playing at Pokermountain.com we do not tolerate the misbehavior of customers. When you come to the tables and insult others you represent bad business for us

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd have to see some chat transcripts to know whether you really were on your "best behavior". Judging by their response it sounds like you got banned for insulting other players, not for going all-in every hand.

Apologies if I'm misjudging, but something tells me you might have chatted a few things other than "This is Poo Mountain". I highly doubt that comment alone would get your chat turned off, and later get you banned altogether.

Brown Thumb 02-16-2005 06:44 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

I welcome Poo Mountain to add their side of the story here. I have nothing to hide.

I love P.O.T. and am smoking it right now. You should have some.

Caruso329 02-16-2005 06:46 PM

Re: Banned at Poo Mountain

This sounds like a sad attempt at a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he's joking. I've seen this clown in action and its just like he describes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize, this isn't a joke then. This is just sad.

But you know what. Whoever brought that point up about Poker Mountain not allowing bad players actually has a valid point. Anyone else up for lobbying against Poker (poo) Mountain and trying to get this guy his account back?