Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   JJ fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=193283)

crunchy1 02-10-2005 01:29 PM

Re: JJ fold

I just don't understand the PF cap. UTG seems to be a tight player and most likely is 3-betting with AA-QQ and AK. MP1 is loose but aggressive PF and here makes a very unusual call of 3-cold (AA-22???, Ax?). I can understand capping it if you're putting UTG on AK and MP1 on a smaller pair. If you're going to make this read and cap PF then don't you need to see this hand at least a round further on this board? Wouldn't you cap the flop to drive out UTG... bet the turn and fold to a raise?

PokerBob 02-10-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What was your reasoning behing capping it PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overly harsh here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

scrub 02-10-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overly harsh here. While it is probably better to cap preflop I doubt there's much in it. I can't exactly see UTG+1 3 betting with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can.

scrub

Tosh 02-10-2005 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overly harsh here. While it is probably better to cap preflop I doubt there's much in it. I can't exactly see UTG+1 3 betting with 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd be making a very dubious play.

Chris Daddy Cool 02-10-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why everybody is so scared to cap Jacks nowadays. A player like UTG+1 who I described as a 17/8 player (TAG) will almost always 3-bet AK here. with the presesnce of a loose caller behind him, this is an EASY cap.

UTG+1's range of hands
AK - 16 combos
AA - 6 combos
KK - 6 combos
QQ - 6 combos
JJ - 1 combo
TT - 6 combos

he'll also occasionally 3-bet a hand like AQ. even if he never 3-bets AQ or TT, you're still only a slitht dog against his range of hands, but the presense of a loose coldcaller gives you enough overlay to make the cap +EV.

Tosh 02-10-2005 02:41 PM

Yes, but does that give reason to act like an ass to a new poster looking to learn?

cnfuzzd 02-10-2005 02:44 PM

i agree that you were probably a bit harsh. Kiss and make up.

Cappping jacks pf seems ultra-reasonable if you are willing to make these kind of laydowns.

peace

john nickle

scrub 02-10-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he wouldn't be making a dubious play. I'm saying that many players in the 15, even those with decent/bordering on passive preflop stats 3-bet 99 here.

scrub

PokerBob 02-10-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but does that give reason to act like an ass to a new poster looking to learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said (written?).

scrub 02-10-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Furthermore "he'd be making a very dubious play" is pretty poor justification for why someone can't have a hand, even if their numbers do look approximately good.

scrub