Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pokerhost Stole $11,000 from me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192837)

Smackdab 02-09-2005 03:21 PM

Re: Pokerhost Stole $11,000 from me

[ QUOTE ]
dude on party i hit a button that says send baron 2.6k and the matter is resolved instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so........Party/Skins have a max $450 transfer per week.

tripledouble 02-09-2005 03:21 PM

new question: is there any recourse for a player when a judgement like this is made whatsoever?

ipp147 02-09-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
new question: is there any recourse for a player when a judgement like this is made whatsoever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, what you did was stupid but...they cannot simply take the money. It must be in a segregated account for now.

You really need to take this up with a lawyer.

URMeowed 02-09-2005 03:57 PM

Incorrect. I can transfer up to 8k a week on Empire. Meow.

PoorLawyer 02-09-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, what you did was stupid but...they cannot simply take the money. It must be in a segregated account for now.

You really need to take this up with a lawyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they are a legit business wherever they are located there may be some recourse in their jurisdiction. I would keep calling and bugging the [censored] out of them until they do something for you. Did you talk to the dude who used to call you to set up games?

tripledouble 02-09-2005 04:09 PM

yes, he is the one that decided to close the account and seize all funds.

PoorLawyer 02-09-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, he is the one that decided to close the account and seize all funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont you get it back anyway since you were the only ones at the table and it is being disbursed back to the people who you took it from?

PokerMaster 02-09-2005 04:59 PM

I received a couple of shirts from PokerHost and SBG in the Bahamas at a PTI event. I spoke to them about affiliation and a plethora of stuff. Met their Operation's Manager, don't remember his name and a couple of the models they had there, definitely don't remember their names but could pick them out of a line up if they were standing sideways.
Well, just to give them a shot, I deposited $50 and got the 110% in rake rebate. Not too bad, didn't have to play any specified hands. I usually am only a tournament player and came in the money in a few of their guaranteeds, not too much competition. Played some soft NL games and cashed out about $600. Requested it by WU and got the tracking number that night. Picked it up, kind of sucked I had to cover the fees, but no biggy.
I think you should contact your local small claims attorney and tell them you dumped $2600 in an internet card room and ask what recourse you can take. Definitely try that out. LOL.

pokerdude10 02-09-2005 05:19 PM

HAHAHA, they're coming out of the woodwork now. people who have been totally screwed by this corrupt ass site.

keep the stories coming, hopefully there are more complaints and this site goes under.

skoal2k4 02-09-2005 05:23 PM

I don't get it... you played at a HU table and lost 2.6k in two hands. How are you cheating anybody else? It's just you and your friend right?