Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Eurobet - Account Closed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=189363)

Thythe 02-04-2005 09:28 PM

Re: Eurobet - Account Closed

[ QUOTE ]

That's closed too. I think I know why. Eurobet wouldn't take mastercard (my only source of transferring money). So I sat at a private table heads up and intentionally lost x amount of hands in order to transfer like 600 dollars between the two accounts. I think that might be what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just about the stupidest thing in the world to do.

EDIT: People, I can not stress enough. Never, ever, intentionally lose money to any person for any reason. Private and public tables are not a means for transferring money.

captZEEbo1 02-05-2005 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's closed too. I think I know why. Eurobet wouldn't take mastercard (my only source of transferring money). So I sat at a private table heads up and intentionally lost x amount of hands in order to transfer like 600 dollars between the two accounts. I think that might be what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just about the stupidest thing in the world to do.

EDIT: People, I can not stress enough. Never, ever, intentionally lose money to any person for any reason. Private and public tables are not a means for transferring money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've done it like 4 times before with my friend, and we've never had an issue. Although all 4 of those times were 50 dollars or less. I figured if it was a private heads up table, it didn't matter or something. I mean, in retrospect it makes sense that they wouldn't like it. But for some reason I assumed it was okay to do it heads up or something...

StellarWind 02-05-2005 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I've done it like 4 times before with my friend, and we've never had an issue. Although all 4 of those times were 50 dollars or less. I figured if it was a private heads up table, it didn't matter or something. I mean, in retrospect it makes sense that they wouldn't like it. But for some reason I assumed it was okay to do it heads up or something...

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's count the problems ...

1. The donor account may be compromised by someone who stole the password and is now looting the account. They froze your Party account for your protection. Don't forget to thank them.

2. Money laundering by criminals or terrorists. Bad money goes offshore and comes back as comparatively legitimate poker winnings. Aside from being good citizens of the world, offshore gambling operations have a strong survival interest in not allowing this. Governments such as the U.S. will go after organizations that enable terrorism and narcotics trafficing. The villains themselves would attempt to safeguard their activities by corrupting the site staff.

3. Fraudulent funding. The funds for your Party account could be from a stolen credit card, Neteller account, etc. Or you could have electronically transferred from a bank account with no funds in it. By the time the transfer bounces the money is in another account and possibly cashed out.

4. "Innocent" appearing violations such as yours enable criminals to probe systems for weaknesses that can be exploited for real crimes. Once they figure out what transgressions the security system can't see, they can attack the weakness for actual gain.

MicroBob 02-05-2005 09:39 AM

Not to mention that they will want to now link the two accounts since they see a connection....this is in order to prohibit you from getting to play at the same table as yourself enabling you to cheat.

I don't think I even want to know how or why you set it up so that it was in completely different names and on different ISP's and different computers to do this.

Someone previously said that this was an incredibly stupid thing to do. If it's possible to agree with a statement 110% than this is one of those situations where that applies.

Serioiusly, this was REALLY freaking dumb.
The fact that you didn't even consider that this was the reason for you acct being locked when it first happened is kinda dumb too.