Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tunica Grand joins the long line of rooms to give up on 1-2 NLHE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=176902)

Randy_Refeld 01-15-2005 01:32 AM

Re: Tunica Grand joins the long line of rooms to give up on 1-2 NLHE

Yes play at the shoe, there is a large drop off from the shoe to the Goldstrike. The Goldstrike recently changed poker room managers and the change has been for the better. The GOldstrike has some peopel working there that could work in any room in the country, but they also have some peopel taht aren't very good, so it is hit and miss. At the shoe I have never seen anyone walk the floor that didn't have at least a basic understanding of the rules and procedures.

Randy Refeld

bigfishead 01-15-2005 01:41 AM

Firstly let me clear one thing up about 1-2 nl without a cap buy-in. It is bad for the room....any room. I have said that many many times.

Also, not that I need to check in with you before I go play somewhere, but you dont see where my "sessions" are played. You just saw two recent ones. And yes it is limited to whats available in the area. If I was not at the shoe working there would be no question I would get alot more poker time in by playing at the shoe. The games are good. You know that. As for the "several other rooms in the area" you know my truths about them...2-4?....or Hollywood 3-6? no thanks. So what that leaves is GS and Grand. GS has the 1-2 fish tank often so I look there first. Lately they have had the 2-5nl too. Again it is bad for the room but good for the better players. I dont play it unless the lineup is right but the results have been no losing sessions as yet.
And recently Grand had 1-2nl...took me 1/2hr to win $500. I loved that. But it will bust your regulars.

What precisely have I bashed of the Grand? The Tournaments! I have stated on numerous occasions they have no clue how to run and structure a tournament. That is true. And you have an odd rule in the Grans that I find very interesting...the Players have decided to tell the mgmnt that they dont want employees that play in a game to check raise? hmmm....is this poker? The players are certainly happy to throw one in. But dont let someone that is working there C/R. Where I come from, the only places that have rules like that are the ones struggling to keep what little business they have. Maybe because other aspects are not looked over carefully to attract and keep the players. hmmm.

I love the 10-20 at the Grand. Very soft. But I dont often get over there when it is runing. there just isnt enough game selection in the area.

However, I also play at the GS. two days ago I literally busted the 2-5 nl within 10 minutes of sitting down. I broke the fish and players got up. I just didnt mention it here as a recent session.

I'm running late got to go to work....seeya soon.

youtalkfunny 01-15-2005 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running late got to go to work....seeya soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering why I got off so easy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]