Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   this Aqua Teen business (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174815)

daryn 01-11-2005 03:01 AM

Re: this Aqua Teen business

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Am I the only one who doesn't get this show?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the entire point of the show is to be stoned when watching it.

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah

wonderwes 01-11-2005 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the entire point of the show is to be stoned when watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it does help. There are reoccuring themes and jokes that you will see. The fascination with Carl's pool, how anything they throw on the ground explodes, and just the randomness of the show.

It is key to listen to all the lines. Sometimes it goes by way to fast.

waffle 01-11-2005 06:17 AM

There's very little good about this show. Futurama has never failed to elicit boisterous guffaws, but Aqua Teen is neither clever nor funny .. it's tactless just for the sake of being tactless.

ClaytonN 01-11-2005 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aqua Teen is neither clever nor funny .. it's tactless just for the sake of being tactless.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why it's so watchable. To me, anyways.

At that time of night I don't want to watch complicated humor shows with deep plot twists like Futurama.

ATHF all the way.

AngryCola 01-11-2005 08:48 AM

Obsiously you just don't have the right sense of humor for it. Especially considering you don't think any of the other AS shows are funny.

In short, you don't get it. But that's not a bad thing. It's just not for you.

AngryCola 01-11-2005 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Super Milk Chan makes Aqua Teen Hunger Force look normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

An an aside, I find Super Milk Chan to be unwatchable.

AngryCola 01-11-2005 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but Aqua Teen is neither clever nor funny .. it's tactless just for the sake of being tactless.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second part of this statement makes no sense. I think you are misusing a word here.

I should also mention that you are wrong about the first bit.

PhatTBoll 01-11-2005 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, but it does help. There are reoccuring themes and jokes that you will see. The fascination with Carl's pool, how anything they throw on the ground explodes, and just the randomness of the show.

It is key to listen to all the lines. Sometimes it goes by way to fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured there were some inside jokes I was missing out on. I'll keep an eye out. I should probably note that I had the same kind of problems with South Park when it first came on and now it's my favorite show on TV. Of course, it's a lot better now than at first.

IsaacW 01-12-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have many friends from different walks of life who swear this is one of the funniest shows on television. Lots of people here seem to feel the same way.
I'm an open-minded guy, it's usually pretty easy to make me laugh, but there's just something I don't get about this show. I've watched maybe 6 or 7 episodes of it and I have chuckled softly maybe two or three times. No hearty laughs, no boisterous guffaws. And it's not like we're supposed to feel any attachment to the characters, so I assume starting from the beginning wouldn't help either.

So I guess what I'm asking is...what the hell is the appeal?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, you don't like our show? Then you must be a nerd. And you know what happens to nerds, don't you PhatTBoll?

On the Moon nerds have their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks!

Reef 01-12-2005 04:36 PM

adult swim is clearly meant to be watched while stoned