Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Poll: Best Beer Country? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=162325)

chabibi 12-15-2004 02:12 PM

Re: Poll: Best Beer Country?

the fact that the US is on the list and canada isnt is a disgrace. american beer isnt even beer its just brownish water with a little carbonation. even american brands that are brewed in canada are better than there american counterparts

ThaSaltCracka 12-15-2004 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that the US is on the list and canada isnt is a disgrace. american beer isnt even beer its just brownish water with a little carbonation. even american brands that are brewed in canada are better than there american counterparts

[/ QUOTE ]stfu.

Q8offsuit 12-15-2004 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who answered anything other than Belgium doesn't know Belgian beers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Chimay Grande Reserve and then everything else.

SomethingClever 12-15-2004 02:17 PM

Portland, Oregon has more breweries than any other city in the world, including any city in Germany.

So the answer is clearly Portland, Oregon.

PhatTBoll 12-15-2004 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada makes some good beers, but this post is, in a word, ignorant. Don't judge all American beers by bud light and coors.

SomethingClever 12-15-2004 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who answered anything other than Belgium doesn't know Belgian beers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Belgian beers are my favorite, too. The answer's still Portland.

Boris 12-15-2004 02:20 PM

Belgium I think is the best for dark, heavy type beers. The Chech Republic is the best for lagers.

goofball 12-15-2004 02:26 PM

i'll have to go with portland too.

but belgian beers are the best.

and it's not close.

Leo99 12-15-2004 02:26 PM

I have a personal bias against Belgians. I don't like fermentation flavors and the Belgians are big on using the yeast to add the banana and clove flavors. The Trappist ales are certainly strong and flavorful. Stella Artois doesan't count as a Belgian in my mind. It's just an American lager type of beer made a little heavier for the Belgian market. Canadaian beers are the same style as American light lager. Again, a touch heavier for the Canadian market but certainly nothing remarkable. Le Fin du Mond from Canada is certainly a great Belgian style beer.

Patrick del Poker Grande 12-15-2004 02:50 PM

n/m