Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hooray for Empire (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=158668)

MicroBob 12-07-2004 09:05 PM

Re: Hooray for Empire

That's awesome that you got the TV.
I'm hoping to get that at some point too.
I don't think it would be THAT bad to give it as an X-Mas present if you're already in good shape TV-wise.

BTW - I learned that you are allowed to spend your VIP points and still get credit to make it to 15k or 25k or whatever.

I spent my first 2k points last week (on the WSOP tourney).
now my account shows that I have 10k 'available' VIP points and that I have 12k 'accumulated' VIP points.
So when I have 15k 'accumulated' points I'll be in the VIP club....even though I'll be spending some of those points along the way.

I was saving mine up like you until I learned that they now distinguish between 'accumulated' and 'total available' points.

berya 12-08-2004 12:41 AM

"would it be morally wrong to convert it to my sisters xmas present ?"

I vote no it's not morally wrong. It's not a bad TV. She'll probably like it. It's a 32inch Toshiba, not flat but does not look bad at all. They order it for you thru Amazon and it goes for about ~$320.

grinin 12-08-2004 04:07 AM

It appears that empire will award the 5000 points to players who have had considerable volume over a short period of time. I was awarded 5000 points in late November on an account which I started on 10/17/04. For the last half of October I had very little activity (under 3K hands). However for November I had 15K hands and played about 5 days a week.

From previous posts on this subject I recall that many multitablers, who got in a lot of hands for the month were simply awarded the 5000 points. Basically if your play indicates that you are using empire as your number one site and you are a high volume player, they usually will bump you to the 5000 points.

Festus22 12-08-2004 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to push my way to the Royal Flush club (15k points) where you get a 10% reload every month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this on their Royal Flush FAQ page but it didn't list a maximum. I assume it's probably up to $x max but do you know what x is?

ThrillFactor 12-08-2004 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
w00t! me too! I just ordered a bunch of bad quality crap!

[/ QUOTE ]

the polo shirt is actually really nice. Many compliments on it so far.

MicroBob 12-08-2004 07:21 AM

I think someone mentioned it was 10% up to $100...not sure.

There have also been reports of difficulties receiving their $100 bonus after putting in there super-special royal-flush-club code.
but I think a couple of those reported that it just took a couple day (or longer) to actually have the bonus show-up in the account.

so it seems there are fewer and fewer who are claiming that they are getting screwed on the royal-flush-club 10% bonus.
But there were 2 or 3 people making such claims here a couple months ago I think.

JustPlayingSmart 12-08-2004 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that empire will award the 5000 points to players who have had considerable volume over a short period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I played 5,200 hands this weekend (I had not played on Empire in over a month and had previously accumulated like 600 VIP points), and Monday I was upgraded to VIP status.

BusterStacks 12-08-2004 04:44 PM

Anyone have a good picture of the watch? Does it say Empire Poker on it? Also, its 15k accumulated, right? So I can spend the points I get. At this rate I should be in the Royal Flush club within 5 years.

Sandstone 12-08-2004 05:28 PM

Wow. 5 Years? I was just gonna will my E-Points to my future grandchildren and let them continue the quest.

null 12-08-2004 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got an email this morning that said I have been awarded 5,000 EP points and bumped up to VIP status, which is pretty cool considering I only had 531 accumulated. Thanks empire!
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked my VIP points because of this thread and I'm now a VIP member despite never getting an email about it! Woohoo! I was nowhere near 5000 when they bumped me up, either. It says I earned 572 in the last 30 days.