Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   QQ just in the money short stacked. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=155752)

kuro 12-01-2004 02:36 PM

Re: QQ just in the money short stacked.

Does it really give pot odds to call with anything from the small blinds? I have such a hard time playing absolute trash hands that I usually fold them in the small blinds because unless I hit a perfect flop I'm stuck folding them to about any raise or I get myself in trouble being overly aggressive. I just never know where I stand.

I think people calling with trash that late probably has more to do with thinking they've got to play bully because they've got a big stack and figuring you can't really hurt them.

zaxx19 12-01-2004 03:44 PM

How is picking up blinds and antes "terrific"?? Im still under the magical "10BB" so according to you guys im still pushing with anything 88 or better or AJ or better mode. I am still to the right of huge stacks who arent gonna be letting me steal blinds and I am still at a chip postion were I am most probably gonna be making the minimum prize money(i finished in 15th). REMEMBER GUYS 10TH-20TH PAYOUTS ARE IDENTICAL HERE!!!

schwza 12-01-2004 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is picking up blinds and antes "terrific"??

[/ QUOTE ]

cause you'll have ~1100 more chips without risking a flop. that's increasing your stack by more than 25%.
[ QUOTE ]

Im still under the magical "10BB" so according to you guys im still pushing with anything 88 or better or AJ or better mode. I am still to the right of huge stacks who arent gonna be letting me steal blinds

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, then when you push with 88 and get called by QT (or, if you're lucky, push with AQ and get called by QT) and are fortunate enough to win, you'll double 4200+1100 instead of something smaller.

but the biggest reason to push QQ is that you'll get called by a lot of worse hands b/c you are short.

[ QUOTE ]
REMEMBER GUYS 10TH-20TH PAYOUTS ARE IDENTICAL HERE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

all the more reason to push now. if there were (for some reason) a big jump in payouts from 15th to 16th, then i might possibly see a reason to play as you did (except for the part about getting all your chips in on an AKx board). but actually i'd say to push anyway.

zaxx19 12-01-2004 05:26 PM

DUDE IF THEY HAD A OR K GOOD KICKER THEY POP B4 THE FLOP!!!! THATS THE WHOLE POINT. And again those extra 1100 isnt gonna do squat man if I am gonna take a top 5 in this tourney I have to get alot of chips here. The risk is minimal bc the payout isnt gonna jump for awhile. I am basically taking on alot more risk for alot more reward something i believe was warranted by the situation.

steeser 12-01-2004 05:37 PM

This is an easy push.

Your logic that somebody will raise with an A or K is wrong. A lot of people will limp after a limper with Axs, or even Axo.

Once you limped, you have to fold to that flop.

schwza 12-01-2004 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im only looking to double here blinds and antes arent gonna really help my EV imho

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I am still to the right of huge stacks who arent gonna be letting me steal blinds

[/ QUOTE ]

i think by far the most likely way to double up on this hand is to push and get called by a hand like AJ.