Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Reading Poker Books in Class (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=150631)

ThaSaltCracka 11-19-2004 02:48 AM

Re: Reading Poker Books in Class

how the hell could you be considered a dork for reading poker books?

MarkL444 11-19-2004 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know. ask the majority.

ThaSaltCracka 11-19-2004 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know. ask the majority.

[/ QUOTE ]
Those that voted yes are lame as hell.

Cosimo 11-19-2004 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those that voted yes are lame as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted yes, but who cares? This is a mostly pointless poll. The useful analysis is in the thread itself, where I'm going to say: it's a good idea. If attendance is mandatory, you might as well be doing something useful with your time.

HDPM 11-19-2004 02:16 PM

I got burned by this once. In law school we had a moronic class with a prof who didn't want to teach it and got the course dumped on him a week before the semester started. So he said attendance wasn't mandatory and the final would be on the reading material only. I took him up on it because the subject was easy and class time was taken up by whackos arguing their feelings, and a three hour final to decide the whole grade was what I liked. Stroll in, spout some crap on paper, get the same grade you always get. So I missed around 6 weeks and came in one day to make sure I was caught up in the reading. I happened to be there when the class was about to start and my buddy was going in and I figured I might as well go once or twice. Well, by the luck of the draw, that was the day where the prof said that the final was going to cover class discussions. Oh, FU, F me. So I started attending some, took the final, got the same grade I always got anyway. What a bastard that guy was though. 7CSFAP may or may not have been in that classroom once or twice, I don't recall. The newspaper definitely made some appearances tho. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

MarkL444 11-19-2004 04:13 PM

man, "nothing wrong with it" has made a monumental comeback. I think everyone is trying to follow in the Masons footsteps. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

ThaSaltCracka 11-19-2004 05:31 PM

I think my statement that anyone that voted yes was lame as hell, may have something to do with it.

MarkL444 11-19-2004 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my statement that anyone that voted yes was lame as hell, may have something to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the results of this poll will have an enormous effect on my self-esteem.

i appreciate your efforts.

ThaSaltCracka 11-19-2004 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the results of this poll will have an enormous effect on my self-esteem.

i appreciate your efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]
I support you.

MarkL444 11-22-2004 02:31 PM

sorry to bump this up, but im curious about something.
anyone who voted dork, what do you think of reading CardPlayer magazine. is that any better or worse?