Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A Posting Handbook For Peace (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=148636)

Bob T. 11-13-2004 11:39 AM

Re: A Posting Handbook For Peace

2. Each forum has a population that wants to keep the noise level low and the signal level high.

Except maybe in the zoo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Otherwise, I think you did a fine job.

MoreWineII 11-13-2004 12:26 PM

Again, I sort of disagree with you regarding thread titles. I'm simply unable to title a thread "AT in the CO", "JT, how was it?", "Flush draw, bet the turn?"

Maybe I'm crazy that way. I'm anti-dullness. But if it really annoys other posters that much, I'm willing to let a co-worker or wife title my posts and I'll just fill in the body.

FWIW, I don't choose which threads to click by title anyway. It's usually by poster first, then by number of replies second.

huxbux 11-13-2004 12:31 PM

Agreed. The line of thought a player follows through the course of a particular hand is critical to the content of a post. With this included in a post, combined with player reads, it make a hand post vastly superior then even simple included reads.

More importantly, the inclusion of the poster's thought process provided a better position for responders to clarify, explain, and learn vital poker concepts. This, in turn, leads to a better understanding of the "why" behind poker play for anyone just reading the post, and might cut down on inane posts in the future pertaining to the same situation.

Part of the reason for so many repetitive posts might rest with the fact that so many posts fail to address the "why" and "why not". So, in sum, the content part makes or breaks a post.

IndieMatty 11-13-2004 01:38 PM

It's good.

As far as titles, short of beratement, I doubt there is something anyone could do to stop the "snappy" titles. (which I enjoy) If there are people who have issues with titles, they can simply avoid the 2 second waste of time it would take to click on the thread and move to the next "55 in MP" thread.

Overall, good job, thanks.

Malcom Reynolds 11-13-2004 02:32 PM

This should be stickied ASAP. If I read something like this when I first signed up on the forum, I would have been able to avoid a lot of the quick or sarcastic comments a lot of newbies face.

There's a certain culture on this forum that takes a little bit of time to pick up on. It's not very clear at first glance (if it was, there wouldn't be the current problems on the forum).

Anyway 1-table tournaments has a sticky, how do we get this to get the same status?

sthief09 11-13-2004 02:42 PM

one problem you didn't address is how sh[/i]itty threads keep getting bumped up. someone makes a dumb post, then 8 people make jokes about the original thread, then another people make jokes about those jokes. I'm guilty of this too (and possibly the most guilty), but I feel like someone (you) should make a post in the thread titled "THIS THREAD IS DEAD" to tell everyone to stop responding to that thread.

an example is that retarded thread we had last week that started with a .5/1 O/8 hand that ended up with like 150 responses and no content whatsoever. we kind of expected it to die out, but it didn't until the afternoon because every person who read it felt compelled to respond to it

scrub 11-13-2004 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You need to address the inevitable question of what is SS: limit hold'em, ring game play, and appropriate limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a public service to the overall community, this forum really ought to lay claim to 10/20 at a minimum. This may not have been the case 3 years ago, but it certainly is today.

Most PP 15/30 hands that get posted in mid/high belong in here as well.

scrub

KingSix 11-13-2004 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one problem you didn't address is how shitty threads keep getting bumped up. someone makes a dumb post, then 8 people make jokes about the original thread, then another people make jokes about those jokes. I'm guilty of this too (and possibly the most guilty), but I feel like someone (you) should make a post in the thread titled "THIS THREAD IS DEAD" to tell everyone to stop responding to that thread

[/ QUOTE ]

A great idea that could be fixed by someone with some "moderator" power...they could just lock the thread. I know that several boards have this type of policy for duplicate threads, locking them right away and letting them drift off into oblivion.

King

IndieMatty 11-13-2004 04:46 PM

Agreed, and 2-4 should go to Micro.

Gatts 11-13-2004 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, and 2-4 should go to Micro.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. Some of the best posters here play 2/4.