Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   anyone wanna make a serious shot at the partypoker jackpot? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=140954)

Brain 10-26-2004 10:41 PM

Re: anyone wanna make a serious shot at the partypoker jackpot?

This is the only nitty part of their rules (straight from the site):
Players must play their hands independently and cannot tell opponents how to act or reveal their hand to other players. Violations will disqualify the hand for the Jackpot.

As long as nobody screams, "Stay in! Don't fold, I've got it!!", I think we'd be okay.

Homer 10-26-2004 10:42 PM

FYI, hand must be raked, so if you have a qualifying hand (4 8's or better, using both hole cards), you must bet the river. And of course if you see someone bet and you have a qualifying hand, you have to cap it and then we're all on easy street.

Alobar 10-26-2004 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Players must play their hands independently and cannot tell opponents how to act or reveal their hand to other players. Violations will disqualify the hand for the Jackpot.

As long as nobody screams, "Stay in! Don't fold, I've got it!!", I think we'd be okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, no one would talk about it at the table. Do you think we'd get DQed if like the 400 hands before the jackpot gets hit all checked to the river? Its kind of obvious :/

Homer 10-26-2004 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, no one would talk about it at the table. Do you think we'd get DQed if like the 400 hands before the jackpot gets hit all checked to the river? Its kind of obvious :/

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing in the rules against it...

MicroBob 10-26-2004 10:46 PM

I am assuming they still take the $0.50 out per hand even if you just check it down....but this might not be correct.

I think there is a very good chance party wouldn't pay up if you did it this way.

I think a better way would be to just play kinda normally. Kind of like the .5/1 tables that the SS gang sometimes gets going.

TheTimeIsUp 10-26-2004 10:46 PM

Let's just give this a shot, make table?

Brain 10-26-2004 10:49 PM

I don't think they could prove anything that way.
And I'm certainly willing to take my chances of being "disqualified" for a piece of 450K. It's not like they're going to arrest us or anything.

We'd just have to remember to make sure the hand got raked.

Homer 10-26-2004 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming they still take the $0.50 out per hand even if you just check it down....but this might not be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

They only take 50 cents out if it's a rake hand, no?

They should pay up, but there very well could be trouble.

MicroBob 10-26-2004 10:50 PM

that said....I'll give it a shot for awhile if we can get a table.But I don't know how we get our own table without ANY strangers joining us.

get it together and i'll try it. why not.

dogmeat 10-26-2004 10:52 PM

Even if not a private table, we can take the shortest table, then have remaining players from 2+2 on the list - keep the game going, and agree to split if it hits.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]