Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   An idea (ATTN: Bison) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=132947)

Chris Daddy Cool 10-06-2004 06:38 PM

Re: An idea (ATTN: Bison)

[ QUOTE ]
How about killing it for a bit and then passwording it. With the password going out to the disgression of Bison? Then, the players with the quality posts/responses can have access and he/we can govern who has access.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really like the sound of that, because it'll create a heiarchy of posters, where all the big names, carpal tunnels and pooh'bahs will have top priority over everybody while it'll discourage the new or lesser known poseters from posting.

InchoateHand 10-06-2004 06:40 PM

Edited due to sudden irrelevancy.

I think controlling who uses it is a bad idea, but I think everyone not using it for a hot second, providing they type CLEAR HH is certainly worthwhile. I'm just afraid it won't necessarily slow things down so much as ugly them up.

bisonbison 10-06-2004 06:41 PM

I don't know guys. And I am not at all a fan of people being able to use it being at my discretion: I get a lot of PMs, and I don't want any more.

This is, yeah, a byproduct of the converter and of the growing 2+2 population and I don't know what else to tell you.

The other problem, of course, is that the converter is used (though I have no idea how much), by forums other than these.

Joe Tall 10-06-2004 06:42 PM

How about his discretion?

Edited. Good look out.

Peace,
Joe Tall

sublime 10-06-2004 06:48 PM

The other problem, of course, is that the converter is used (though I have no idea how much), by forums other than these.

How is that a problem? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This forum is going downhill. Period.

I appreciate all the good the converter has done for 2+2 and its posters, but in all honesty I think the bad now outweighs the good.

Algasm 10-06-2004 06:51 PM

Maybe everyone could change their parent posts per page setting to 30 instead.

bisonbison 10-06-2004 06:52 PM

I appreciate all the good the converter has done for 2+2 and its posters, but in all honesty I think the bad now outweighs the good.

Probably not a surprising position coming from me, but I think you're really overstating the case.

offTopic 10-06-2004 06:52 PM

Better to have the forum admins increase the default number of displayed threads.

sublime 10-06-2004 06:52 PM

I'm just afraid it won't necessarily slow things down so much as ugly them up.

Simple.

This is OUR forum. We can police it. Set quidelines that must be followed when posting a hand (clear descriptions, pot size etc..) and everything should fall into place.

Chris Daddy Cool 10-06-2004 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably not a surprising position coming from me, but I think you're really overstating the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

i concur with bison. people are gonna post what they want to post regardless.

and i only started to learn how to use the converter recently... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]