Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Some of these guys are your opponents (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=131793)

astroglide 10-04-2004 02:53 PM

Re: Some of these guys are your opponents

allow me to amend my statement to say that in virtually every limit in every cardroom, online or not your win rate with aces should approach the upper seventies. to prove it out for the original poster's quote (low limit holdem), ask the small stakes forum. i would predict that anybody with a decent sample size will have them winning a little under 80% of the time for a little under 3bb/hand.

TheGrifter 10-04-2004 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
allow me to amend my statement to say that in virtually every limit in every cardroom, online or not your win rate with aces should approach the upper seventies. to prove it out for the original poster's quote (low limit holdem), ask the small stakes forum. i would predict that anybody with a decent sample size will have them winning a little under 80% of the time for a little under 3bb/hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amendment noted.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

astroglide 10-04-2004 02:59 PM

i wasn't wrong

MicroBob 10-04-2004 03:08 PM

have you been looking at my stats?

AA -
2.65BB/hand
win - 78.45%

note - i don't even have what I would consider to be a significant sample size in p-tracker currently (had previous database wiped-out and have been playing some non p-tracker friendly sites).
28k hands, AA 116x.

TheGrifter 10-04-2004 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wasn't wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically you were.

astroglide 10-04-2004 03:12 PM

technically you're a pedantic prick if you think it's worth observing that in certain countries it is customary to flip your aces face up when dealt them, cap every street and then fold the river out of turn. what i said applies to basically every full limit game on earth. i think ultramicrolimit (e.g. $0.02/$0.04) games could be the only consistent exception.

TheGrifter 10-04-2004 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
technically you're a pedantic prick if you think it's worth observing that in certain countries it is customary to flip your aces face up when dealt them, cap every street and then fold the river. what i said applies to basically every full limit game on earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

pot. kettle. black.

You don't like to be tweaked do you.

That country is called Foxwoods.

astroglide 10-04-2004 03:18 PM

pot. kettle. black.

what am i accusing you of doing that i am doing myself?

having never visited foxwoods, i would still wager a large amount of money that the win rate and bb/hand with aces in all of their limit games is going to be in the zone i specified. stats are stats. the data has been shown by many people many times for many limits. people have wildly varying stats for different hands because of tightness/looseness/general postflop stuff but aces always end up in the same zone.

Danenania 10-04-2004 03:26 PM

In 26,108 hands of 3/6, I have had AA 131 times. They have won 77.86% of the time for an average of 3.00 BB per hand.

TheGrifter 10-04-2004 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what am i accusing you of doing that i am doing myself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Being pedantic.

Honestly Astro, lighten up.