Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   partypoker cheating (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=126880)

thirddan 09-22-2004 04:01 AM

Re: partypoker cheating

youre lucky...my first night at party i lost 100 bucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Evan 09-22-2004 04:15 AM

Good guess, but not quite right. It's the Trojan Bunny from Holy Grail.

Klaus 09-22-2004 06:20 AM

Yes, you were cheated into winning $800. Now, if you choose to cash out, you will experience a losing streak. All this is well known.

Cerril 09-22-2004 06:27 AM

No chance. First, that's the sort of thing that could easily be tracked (not to mention it would be immensely difficult to have an automatic 'newbies win' system that didn't skew normal card ratios). Second, I was a huge loser my first couple hundred at Party. That's enough for me, even though it's only a single case and anecdotal.

A 30-50BB winning streak isn't tough to imagine with decent cards and even slightly subpar play, especially if you run up against terrible opponents, which completely exist at those levels.

Patriarch 09-22-2004 07:42 AM

There is no reason for PP to do this. Why bother using their resources to construct an elaborate scam where first-time players win, when they can just sit back and watch the money roll in?
Oh, yes, they do it to keep players coming back and losing their money. I don't think so. There are tens of thousands of people playing all day, every day. And this number can only grow.
There is no need for them to cheat. Why would they engage in potentially ruinous cheating schemes when its so easy to make money just by raking the [censored] out of everyone? The answer is: they wouldn't.

BigBaitsim (milo) 09-22-2004 09:53 AM

I think they are absolutely doing this. I put $50 into Party a year ago, and their "software" has caused me to win over $6,000 since then. Bastards!

sfer 09-22-2004 09:56 AM

Please remain a Stranger.

Bukem_ 09-22-2004 10:01 AM

There is no reason to do this, as randomness alone will create results like these on its own.

Nate tha' Great 09-22-2004 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they are absolutely doing this. I put $50 into Party a year ago, and their "software" has caused me to win over $6,000 since then. Bastards!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you milo. Somehow I have managed to win a lot of money from that site in spite of playing really tight, aggressive poker. Must be rigged.

challenger84 09-22-2004 10:04 AM

Maybe you should give me your screen name, so I can do some further "investigation" of this cheating. I think I need some first hand observation to figure out what's going on.