Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Josh's apology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=121730)

NoTalent 09-08-2004 12:14 PM

Re: Josh\'s apology

Are we even sure it is Josh Aplogizing? I could go on there saying I was Doyle Brunson if I wanted.

I don't think there is any reason to act the way he did after that pot. No class.

mattman19 09-08-2004 12:32 PM

can someone plaese copy and paste this...i would love to read it

adios 09-08-2004 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spin control in my opinion and not a very good job of it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my impression as well.

adios 09-08-2004 12:56 PM

Good points. Unless his apology is followed up with appropriate behaviour then it's meaningless.

Jaquen H'gar 09-08-2004 01:12 PM

My father-in-law, who doesn't even play or follow poker, was hanging out on the sofa last night. His comment after the Arieh interview, "That boy sure is full of himself. I don't see that Jesus guy bragging and the announcers say he's real good."

Perceptive, even if he is an in-law

wayabvpar 09-08-2004 01:24 PM

I don't recall which episode we first saw Josh, but he has rubbed me the wrong way ever since. Last night was a vindication of my people reading skills- he acted EXACTLY as I would have expected him to. His apology is half-hearted at best; he shouldn't explain the hand. He should apologize for acting like a c**k and be done with it.

I was happy to see that both Demetriou and Norman Chad called him on his boorish behavior.

And don't even get me started on Mattias Andersson...

Robk 09-08-2004 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh was splashing around a lot of pots in this tourney. Harry made a stand with top pair. If you can't make a stand against an uber-aggresso like Arieh with top pair, even on a scary board like that, then you're just going to let him take every damn pot against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also in defense of Harry's play, his gutshot gave him ~15% equity against most hands he's behind.

Drac 09-08-2004 02:21 PM

He's a dink with or without the apology.

Oski 09-08-2004 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my opinion of him improved after reading this

[/ QUOTE ]

Not mine? He shoulda realized what an ass he was back in May and not after seeing himself on TV. Spin control in my opinion and not a very good job of it at that. Once a dick, always a dick until proven otherwise and this lame apology doesn't prove a thing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on the money. Human nature is revealed under stress - the veneer is washed clean: Josh A? Dick.

ddss6_99 09-08-2004 02:57 PM

Oh well, we can sit here and whine about his childish behavior, but in the end he's still laughing all the way to the bank. At least he took the liberty to finish Harry off after the AJ hand.