Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   about Kerry's service in Vietnam, new questions have arisen (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=117482)

Toro 08-28-2004 08:06 AM

Re: about Kerry\'s service in Vietnam, new questions have arisen

[ QUOTE ]
Jeez, Toro...who brought it up? Kerry. Who made an issue out if it in the first place? Kerry. So it isn't an issue of character assassination, is it? If the candidate himself raises the issue, don't blame others for taking a closer look at the candidate's claims regarding that issue--and at how those claims square off with reality..

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Kerry make an issue of it? By stating that he served his country in time of war? That makes him fair game for character assisination? So by your rules of the game, whatever is on your resume is fair game to be distorted. Please!

Utah 08-28-2004 09:06 AM

"That's something that unfolded before our very eyes, not some crap made up to smear someone."

No. Its complete crap. And its exact purpose is to smear someone. No proof. Zero. Nada.

Toro 08-28-2004 10:31 AM

That was a smear campaign in Florida four years ago? Cmon you don't really believe that do you? It was what it was. There were a bunch of disputed ballots in the deciding State and Gore did what anyone would have done. He tried to get a recount. That's not a smear campaign in my book.

And Bush did what anyone would do. He used the power and influence of his brother the Governor to block the recounts and perserve the victory.

Utah 08-28-2004 10:47 AM

To say that Jeb tried to steal the election is a complete smear unless you have some evidence. Where is your evidence.

btw - the courts decided the recount issue, not Jeb Bush.

cardcounter0 08-28-2004 11:18 AM

Can you prove the sun rises in the east?
That's what I thought. Show me proof.

Toro 08-28-2004 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw - the courts decided the recount issue, not Jeb Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very naive.

Toro 08-28-2004 12:26 PM

I'm sick of this pisssing contest because this stuff is just typical republican bs to try and make a Kerry asset into a negative. This is what I 'know' about Kerry and Vietnam.

1. Vietnam War was arguably the biggest foreign policy mistake in the history of the country.

2. While a lot of us used student deferrments, National Guard, Canada, CO status to avoid going over there, he went.

3. While he was over there serving, a lot of us College students and others protested against the war. We were branded pot smoking hippie commie loving cowards who hated their own country.

4. When Kerry got home, knowing that the War was a huge mistake became a vocal leader of Vietnam Veterans against the War. It was at this point that the anti-war efforts finally turned the corner and had some effect on changing our governments failed policy. This took courage and leadership. This is what I take from Kerrys Vietnam experience and not how severe his wounds may or may not have been.

cardcounter0 08-28-2004 12:31 PM

do you have any proof for these wild liberal claims?

Toro 08-28-2004 12:34 PM

Yes they will be detailed in my new book! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Utah 08-28-2004 12:35 PM

Where's your evidence?

Its very easy to make accusations (did you know Kerry raped three girls in college). Providing evidence or proof is a much harder task.

And, if my memory serve me, there were a few court cases on the Florida recount. Call me naive, but I distinctly remember them.