Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Watch 2+2er Nick B on TV Sept 4th (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=115789)

theghost 08-26-2004 04:04 PM

Re: Watch 2+2er Nick B on TV Sept 4th

Great job - you make me want to play in MTTs (which is probably bad for me and good for you)

ismisus 09-05-2004 01:20 AM

Congrats Nick the Kid. LOL. It seemed to me the players didn't think you were going to win, and underestimated you. This one guy said, "he doesn't have enough experience to win". I am sure online poker has provided enough experience.

On your play. I can't believe you folded a 2nd pair heads up. You had a king, and the other guy had an ace. The flop was AK*. You guys checked the flop. Then on the turn he bet just 4k, and you folded!! Did he have a tell?

You played great overall, congrats. got a lot of praise from the 2000 WSOP champ.

gonores 09-05-2004 01:53 AM

I have a secret....

Nick made the final table of UPC tournament #2 (maybe it's 3 or later...but he's on a final table). The kid can flat out play.

Nick B. 09-05-2004 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Nick the Kid. LOL. It seemed to me the players didn't think you were going to win, and underestimated you. This one guy said, "he doesn't have enough experience to win". I am sure online poker has provided enough experience.

On your play. I can't believe you folded a 2nd pair heads up. You had a king, and the other guy had an ace. The flop was AK*. You guys checked the flop. Then on the turn he bet just 4k, and you folded!! Did he have a tell?

You played great overall, congrats. got a lot of praise from the 2000 WSOP champ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in Vegas and it doesn't air for another hour (i cant wait). Luckily my room doesn't have the channel, so I will be watching it in the fitness center, lol. I don't remember the AKx flop, where I had a King and folded. I didn't have any specific tell on him, but I did have good reads on his betting patterns. The last hand I was more worried about just folding my blind to his all in raise than I was about doubling him up. I know it was an awful call with T7, but I felt like I was going to win it eventually and I might as well gamble. As for what the player said (I haven't seen it), you don't need much experience when you have luck! I hope I do well tomorrow in my second final table, I am second chip leader, but Erik Seidel, Mel Judah and Andy Bloch are all in. There were a lot of pros in the event today, so I was lucky to make it to the final 7. In the tournament, I playd with Mel Judah, Andy Bloch, Kathy Liebert, Carlos Mortensen, and I am sure I have forgotten others.

ThePopinjay 09-05-2004 03:10 AM

nice playing man. i watched it, those old guys couldn't handle you. i was laughing when that old guy was betting that weak 7500 bluff and u picked him off with sixes.

Nottom 09-05-2004 03:10 PM

On the 66 hand, you didn't really think he was slowplaying AA did you?

fyodor 09-05-2004 08:58 PM

I just saw this thread tonight so I missed the show. Congrats Nick.

See? This is why I wanted a piece of you at Turning Stone. I knew you had it in you. Keep up the good work.

Oblivious 09-05-2004 10:21 PM

What network is it on? I did a tivo search for "ultimate" and "poker" but couldnt find it. My market is denver, which isnt listed on the page you provided from what i could see.

Big Country 09-07-2004 01:44 PM

I think it is being aired in differentm arkets on different local channels. I live in southern California and got in on KCAL 9, which is a local channel with no network affiliation.

BTW, great play Nick. Looking forward to the future episodes and seeing how you fare in the semifinals.

Nick B. 09-07-2004 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the 66 hand, you didn't really think he was slowplaying AA did you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really did think he had a big hand. His hand was shaking so bad when he called my bet pf, I thought he was going to slowplay. On the K54 flop, I really thought that I had the best hand, but I was afraid that I would have to lay it down if he checkraised.