Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The best video game of all time for a console (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=114618)

kerssens 08-19-2004 12:17 PM

Re: For the Gun Control crowd

[ QUOTE ]
NHL 95 on Super Nintendo

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one where after you knocked the guy out there was a little pool of blood on the ice?

Lumpy 08-19-2004 12:25 PM

Re: The best video game of all time for a console

SpeedBall 2 on Sega Genesis. Still play to this day with a Genesis emulator. Highly addicting.

nicky g 08-19-2004 12:31 PM

"SpeedBall 2 on Sega Genesis. Still play to this day with a Genesis emulator. Highly addicting. "

Man I forgot about that. I only ever played this on Amiga so it doesn't strictly count, but yes, the greatest game of all time, especially if you are grading it by the competition of the era.

vulturesrow 08-19-2004 12:34 PM

Everyone here is wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] While I applaud your choices and in fact think many of them are very very good, the clear choice is Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1. Of course being a nit like me greatly enhances your enjoyment since it has many aspects of gameplay that are rewarded by nittiness.

Chris

jwvdcw 08-19-2004 12:37 PM

TECMO SUPER BOWL

kerssens 08-19-2004 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TECMO SUPER BOWL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!!! I think it was Tecmo Super Bowl III where you could create players and improve them and there was an offseason, that one was my favorice.....Also the original Tecmo Bowl where you could dominate with Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen or just wreck everything with Lawrence Taylor

RoodyPooh 08-19-2004 12:46 PM

Xbox Halo Multi-player, not even close. I've wasted well over 4,000 hours playing this game and am not tired of it. It's like lightning quick chess.

Gamblor 08-19-2004 12:46 PM

Re: For the Gun Control crowd

That was '93 (and immortalized in the movie Swingers)

But there was a move where you skated around the net that would score 100% of the time because there was no goalie control.

So the game is disqualified.

Other than those two minor details, the game remained virtually unchanged over 3 years, except for graphics enhancements.

Taxman 08-19-2004 01:01 PM

no votes for Halo?

While Golden Eye was an excellent game, I'd deffinately take Halo over it now. Halo 2 should be the shiznat.

ThaSaltCracka 08-19-2004 01:02 PM

the second one is sweet man!!!