Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   best group drinking/singing song thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=105058)

Steven_Monk 07-21-2004 02:45 PM

Re: best group drinking/singing song thread

[ QUOTE ]
I can see why you think that Saigon can be a real good song for a group of drunks. Anyway, my favourite would be: Angie by the Stones.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

Martin: How about Anton of Tyrol?

By the way, I'm coming over to your side of country for somes Sacher Torte! I needs some kaffe as well. Whyle I am in Wien, I always have little weinies too.

M2d 07-21-2004 03:12 PM

brown eyed girl

astroglide 07-21-2004 03:21 PM

Goodnight Saigon? Pretty morbid if you ask me

just think about the refrain: AND WE WOULD ALLLLLL GO DOOWWWWWNN TOGETHER. the drunk thing, not the oral sex thing. it's sad too, but in a good drunk kind of way.

Schneids 07-21-2004 03:35 PM

Considering not more than one or two people tops in a group will ever know this song, it is a poor singing choice.

But as far as drinking choice, not much tops Flogging Molly "Devil's Dance Floor." Seriously, download it if you haven't heard it. Irish sounding acoustic parts and beats, rock music, sung by a dude with an English accent. Bar none the best drinking music.

Or send me a PM and I'll email you the song. You'll thank me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

jagoff 07-21-2004 03:43 PM

Foolish Beat
-Debbie Gibson

End of Debate!

astroglide 07-21-2004 03:43 PM

Considering not more than one or two people tops in a group will ever know this song, it is a poor singing choice.

i don't drink, much less sing, with strangers. my friends know the song, and if they don't they'll learn it.

Gamblor 07-21-2004 03:46 PM

The True North Drinking Song

Home for a Rest by Spirit of the West

This song gets belted out once a weekend in every bar in the country, usually sometime near last call.

Key lyric:

We arrived in December when London was cold
We stayed in the bar, along Charing Cross Road
We never saw nothing but brass taps and oak
Left a shine on the bar with the sleeves of our coats

You'll have to excuse me I'm not at my best
I've been gone for a month, I've been drunk since I left
These so-called vacations will soon be my death
I'm so sick of the drink, I need home for a rest.

The gas heater's empty, it's damp as a tomb
And the spirits we drank are now ghosts in the room
I'm knackered again, come on sleep take me soon
And don't lift up my head 'til the twelve bells of noon

B Dids 07-21-2004 04:03 PM

When I was in college there were two kinds of parties.

Parties that white people went to- and Steve Miller, Bob Marley and Satana played non-stop, so I'm sure people will vote for crap off of those albums (two of which I like, but am now sick of).

Parties where non-people went, where people danced. Nothing rocked the spot like Dre and Snoop's "Ain't Nothing but a..." and saddly House of Pain's "Jump Around". Both would get half the guys in the place rapping along.

Schneids 07-21-2004 04:07 PM

After thinking about it more the best drinking/singing song I've ever experienced at a party was and still is Nelly "Ride Wit Me" in terms of getting people to both sing along adamently and dance along.

Schneids 07-21-2004 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chumbawamba.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak.

More like "IF people are singing along to this song then they are ten minutes from passing out."