Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Florida Hold-em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=100395)

BigBluffer 07-08-2004 04:54 PM

Re: Florida Hold-em

What are the blinds for the $2 straight game at Miccosukee?

Also, what's the rake there? Any jackpot drop?

Thanks.

gojacketz 07-08-2004 05:38 PM

In a flat structure game like the one you are describing, it seems like playing a little tighter as you just do not have implied odds to play hands like 67s and little pairs.

Gojacketz

Warik 07-08-2004 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the blinds for the $2 straight game at Miccosukee?

Also, what's the rake there? Any jackpot drop?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinds are 1/2. Rake is 10% up to $5. Jackpot drop is $1.

Jackpots are:

quads - tshirt
quad aces - $50
straight flush - free night at the hotel
royal flush - a couple grand, unless you get the spades which grows nightly... normally hits around 30-40k

BigBluffer 07-14-2004 01:13 AM

>> Are there any higher limits local to Palm Beach, Broward >> or Dade?

There's a very nice nonsmoking room in the Palm Beach Kennel Club (greyhound track). Unfortunately, it's a 2-hour drive for me.

BigBluffer 07-14-2004 01:17 AM

Warik, what kind of win rate are you getting at Miccosukee? In the last 2 weeks, since I've tightened up my pre-flop game considerably, I'm winning at about $15/hour over 5 sessions (all winning sessions). Is it possible to sustain this kind of win rate in these games? The opposition is amazing!

12AX7 07-14-2004 02:41 AM

Any idea what the limit at PBKC are? Thier website doesn't say, and they don't list an e-mail address.

BigBluffer 07-14-2004 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea what the limit at PBKC are? Thier website doesn't say, and they don't list an e-mail address.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only played there twice. Both times the only hold'em game they had was $1-2 spread limit with a single $1 blind. You could bet either $1 or $2 on any round. I don't think they had $1/2 structured limit. Many of the Seminole rooms have a $2 straight game ($2 bets on all rounds). Don't know if PB has that. Unlike the Seminole rooms which rake 10% up to $5 plus a $1 jackpot drop, PB only rakes 10% up to $3 with no jackpots. Games are 9-handed at PB. All this was as of about 3 months ago, the last time I was there.

MrGo 07-14-2004 10:29 AM

I moved from FL 3 years ago. What are the laws regarding poker now? Do the rooms have regular 5-10 and 10-20 games??

BigBluffer 07-14-2004 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I moved from FL 3 years ago. What are the laws regarding poker now? Do the rooms have regular 5-10 and 10-20 games??

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker has improved a tiny bit from the 25c/50c/$10 pot limit days. Now, bets up to $2 are allowed with a limit of 3 raises per round, no limit on number of rounds. When the law changed, the typical game was regular $1/$2 hold'em. Now I see a lot of $2 flat games where blinds are $1 and $2 and bets are $2 on all rounds (they don't double on the turn and river). Last weekend I ran across a game called Action Hold'em where it's similar to the $2 flat game, but in addition to the blinds, there's a $2 ante that everyone must put up. Wow! No wonder it's called Action Hold'em.

No $5/$10 or $10/$20 games yet, unless you go out on the gambling boats. Once we get rid of Jeb, who hates gambling ( [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]), we might bring poker into the 21st century in this state.

ohgeetee 07-14-2004 11:36 AM

LOL, Gamblin' BAD, COCAINE GOOOD!